Thread: WGS Reaper-First Clips

Post Thanks / Like

Default WGS Reaper-First Clips

Not sure how many of you have tried the stuff from Warehouse Guitar Speakers, but they make some affordable alternatives.
    The British offerings are WGS' take on many popular Celestions. I have have never done any direct comparisons.

I went for the Reaper (30W version) for my 1X12 Nolatone combo. This speaker is inspired by the 70th Anniversary G12H30.
    It's very versatile. Cleans are well balanced. Rock tones are all there with a little more top & bottom vs. a greenback type speaker. Mids can be dialed in if you want more of that classic rock crunch.

Out of the box, I found the amph's pre-amp distortion to be a little harsh. But I put in some Tung-Sol reissue 6V6s. That really helped smooth things out. And I'm assuming the speaker will continue "break in".

Meantime, a couple clips :

Reaper-Medium Gain
    Reaper-High Gain
    Reaper-Clean

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good man.

Pics?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds really good. It's got me thinking about putting the 2 WGS Veteran 12s that I have sitting around into my Marshall JMP. Maybe I'll get that out of the basement and do that soon. Thanks for posting the clips.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I have several WGS 12" speakers available. I was planning on listing them in the For Sale-Trade section this coming week. An amp builder sent me about 14 different speakers to road test for him and I just recently finished. Several of them were WGS. I'm not sure at the moment, I'll have to look, but I think I have a Reaper, a Green Beret, a G12C, a Burris and maybe one other model. All are pretty much dead new, some were in the amp for only a few minutes, some for a week, none of them are even broken in yet. If anyone is interested keep an eye on the For Sale section or PM me