Thread: Radiohead

pes_laul Guest

Default Radiohead

I'm didnt like these guys when I heard creep but when I discovered this I was like "Yeah I can dig this"

Post Thanks / Like

I saw Radiohead a few years back - good band. Very depressing sometimes, though (have you heard 'Paranoid Android'?). And Tom York is a weird dude.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, the best band in the world!
    Please Check out the scotch mist session, their new years present 2007:

:

Post Thanks / Like

Watching the video, each member looks like they're in their own little world, but the interaction between each instrument is incredible.
    Not sure what the song title is, but love Colin Greenwood's bass on the song that starts at 18:23.
    Guitars: Epiphone SG-400 Custom; Epiphone Firebird V; 1996 Gibson LP Standard; Avion 4; Yamaha FG-301B acoustic

FX: TS-808; Big Muff (Triangle Version); Red Llama; Green Ringer Octave Up (Clones); Maxon Phaser; Maxon Compressor; Tremulus Lune Tremolo; Line 6 POD II

Amp: (Somewhere in another country) Hiwatt 100W head, Marshall 4x12 cab

My noise here

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suhnton
    Watching the video, each member looks like they're in their own little world, but the interaction between each instrument is incredible.
    It's very noticeable when they play live. There isn't a whole lot of visible communication between the five of them yet they all seem to be on the same page all the time. It's quite a thing to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Suhnton
    Not sure what the song title is, but love Colin Greenwood's bass on the song that starts at 18:23.
    It's called "15 Step". It is a great song and definitely a good showcase for Colin. I find him to be a very underrated bass player. He's so solid and there are so many cool bass lines in Radiohead songs.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

One thing that is interesting to me about Radiohead is the different kinds of musicians that cover their songs. For instance:

Post Thanks / Like

Here's one that's not depressing.

"I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Radiohead is pretty crazy. I don't think i've been able to get into it quite like some people i know who idolize them. However, Paranoid Android is one of the coolest songs i've ever heard. The guitar solo at the end is pretty awesome.