Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
How do I record my bass?

Thread: How do I record my bass?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How do I record my bass?

This has been in my mind now. I saw something like this earlier, where it goes from Amplifier>PC.

Could you recommend any of these and say how well the sound quality may be?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I just run my B20's headphone jack into the line in on my soundcard and record using Audacity .You just have to make sure to keep the volume low so you don't overload the line in.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

You could always connect your amp through a Hughes & Kettner redbox (works good for bass too) or invest in a Tech 21 Bassdriver which allows you to record sweet basstones without the need of a amp.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

I'd try a Roland Bass-RX amp as a pre-amp, where you can have major flexability in your sound/s via the amp modelings and FX. It works well going into a stage board, but I've not tried it with a computer. Justathot.

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a decent bass recorder:

Post Thanks / Like

Where do you insert the green stuff?
    Guitars: Epiphone SG-400 Custom; Epiphone Firebird V; 1996 Gibson LP Standard; Avion 4; Yamaha FG-301B acoustic

FX: TS-808; Big Muff (Triangle Version); Red Llama; Green Ringer Octave Up (Clones); Maxon Phaser; Maxon Compressor; Tremulus Lune Tremolo; Line 6 POD II

Amp: (Somewhere in another country) Hiwatt 100W head, Marshall 4x12 cab

My noise here

Post Thanks / Like

Recently I've been connecting my bass straight into the pc, and using the Revolverb VST and an impulse response file for speaker emulation. I'm not really a bass player, but the results are pretty good. There's probably a bass head VST out there to put in front of the Revolverb as well. I figure it would be easier than mic'ing a cab.
    Guitars: Epiphone SG-400 Custom; Epiphone Firebird V; 1996 Gibson LP Standard; Avion 4; Yamaha FG-301B acoustic

FX: TS-808; Big Muff (Triangle Version); Red Llama; Green Ringer Octave Up (Clones); Maxon Phaser; Maxon Compressor; Tremulus Lune Tremolo; Line 6 POD II

Amp: (Somewhere in another country) Hiwatt 100W head, Marshall 4x12 cab

My noise here

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bass recording to computer

I got a good deal on a bass multipedal I wanted. Checked a bunch of them out atne got a nice metal one with a foot pedal on it that works really nice with great tones thru my bass amps including my Marshall new release MB30.

It is a Zoom B2.1u. The u stands for usb. You can plug it into your computer and record to your recording software. I think it came with Cubase LE but I have Sony Acid and am used to it so I record into Sony Acid. Works good, plus you get a really great bass pedal in my opinion, that gives you some great tweakable tones from real bitingly sharp to cool mellow vibe tones.

Works for me.

Duffy
    Winfield, Pa.