I don't really like that they just list brands either. Then they should call it the ten best lines of folk acoustic guitars. That might make their choices make more sense, because it would seem big companies would have deeper lines of guitars. I don't know why they threw "folk" in there though. What does that even mean? The term "folk" is so broad. As for individual guitars, most here know my favorite sound is a Martin rosewood/spruce dreadnought. I just can't afford one right now. I have played lots of acoustics and that sound still is my favorite. I did really like the Tacoma made Guilds as well. Based on this months Guitar Player mag, I really want to try the rosewood/spruce Epi they give an editor's choice award too. It looks like it might be quite nice.

Oh, and I do really like the Larrivee line. It is a really nice line of guitars and I think it should have made the list. Seagulls look nice, but I just can't warm up to them. Not my sound. I should look at a Fenders and Takamines sometime I guess too. I never seem to find a store that carries them.