Thread: Gibson Jeff Beck Oxblood

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gibson Jeff Beck Oxblood

Another expensive Reissue model , looks Cool tho..
    This is the model he played in the 70 s in his Blow by Blow period ..

http://www.modernguitars.com/archives/004792.html

Here s an old clip that obviously look vintage ..

Last edited by Blaze; April 23rd, 2009 at 07:16 AM.
    My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

Blazes, pretty cool. I sometimes wonder abt these signature reissues - most are too expensive and some are not made as well as you'd think they would be.

I saw The Jeff Beck Group in abt 1967-68 live, w Rod Stewart vocals and Ronnie Wood on bass. Right around Truth or Beck-ola release.

Also, have you seen the Eric Clapton 2007 Crossroads Concert DVD or on TV? Jeff Beck absolutely blows it away, but what thrilled me equally was his female bass player - man, could that chick play her 5-string bass! Simply jaw-dropping!:
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigG
    but what thrilled me equally was his female bass player - man, could that chick play her 5-string bass! Simply jaw-dropping!:
    Here she does a superb solo , great talent ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIFFRHBCPzA&eurl#t=1m13s
    Last edited by Blaze; April 23rd, 2009 at 07:00 AM.
    My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, that's her! Easy on the eyes, too, eh!!!

Thanks for that vid!

I could've sworn it was a 5-string! Oh, how my memory is failing me!
    Last edited by bigG; April 23rd, 2009 at 07:02 AM. Reason: memory fading
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

Post Thanks / Like

She is really young...(23).... .just a kid ...(aussie born 1986) .....my oldest 14 has been watching her and has her myspaced for 2 years now!!! She also plays some guitar !

Truly blessed this one!
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Do these come NEW or 'Beck used' new? Look's like the proto is dinged, that would suck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by msteeln
    Do these come NEW or 'Beck used' new? Look's like the proto is dinged, that would suck.
    It sounds like sort of both. The article says the first 50 will be "aged to look like" models, so they'll be copied from Beck's original instrument like the SRV #1 and Lenny models. They'll also be signed by Jeff Beck. As such they're aimed pretty much exclusively at collectors. The next 100 will have Gibsons "slightly aged" VOS finish, which you can actually clean off and polish up if you're so inclined.

Gibson has a number of other good '54 Oxblood LP reissue models that have clean finishes and can be had at reasonable prices (by Gibson standards at least), especially if you can find them used. I played one a few months ago and it was great. It was heavy at 9+ lbs, but man it sounded good. Its non-compensated stoptail bridge is a toneful unit, even if it isn't the most sophisticated design.
    Q: How many guitars is enough?
    A: Just one more...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fab4
    1) It sounds like sort of both. The article says...
    2) Gibson has a number of other good '54 Oxblood LP reissue models that have clean finishes and can be had at reasonable prices.
    1) Cool, thanx for doing my homework for me, Fab4!
    2) I did not know that. Thanx again. I've always wondered why more LPs don't have the comp stop. That's a mean machine!

Post Thanks / Like

Great clip, Blazes! :

Jeff Beck is a guitar player that never bores me - you never know where he's going to go next.

As for the guitar - straight at the collectors.
    Guitars: 2008 Gibson SG Classic, 2006 Gibson Les Paul Standard LE, 2002 Gibson SG Supreme, 2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus, 1996 Les Paul Studio Gem, American Deluxe Double Fat Strat, Bluesville "Super" Strat Copy, MIK Fender "Limited Edition" Tele, JD Bluesville "Night Pilot", Yamaha AES 820, Steinberger Spirit GT Pro, Taylor 355CE, Ovation 1897 Adamas, Ovation CC057 Celebrity

Amps: Axe FX centered rack rig, Mesa 4x12 cab. Germino Club 40, Johnson JM150 Millennium, Johnson JM250 Millennium, Gibson Titan Medalist Frankenstein.

Effects: Tonebone Trimode, EH Holy Grail, Boss CH-1, Dunlop Crybaby Classic, Framptone Amp Switcher, THD Hot Plate, Yamaha AG Stomp Acoustic Processor, Boss BCB-60 Pedal Board.