Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Delay/Verb Pedal Recommendations Sought
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delay/Verb Pedal Recommendations Sought

Post Thanks / Like

Default Delay/Verb Pedal Recommendations Sought

Ahoy mates!

I'm lookin for the best delay and/or reverb pedal(s) I can get to put in front of my Swart Space Tone 6V6SE. I don't want the amp's tone and clarity to be changed in the least bit!

I checked analogman, but they're retooling their delay pedals, and none avail right now.

Suggestions?

Thanks
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

Post Thanks / Like

Best... best?

You're gonna get a bunch of different answers because "best" means something different to each individual, (actually, I've noticed that here, "best" will usually most equate to cheapest!)

Why don't you get to a guitar store and try a bunch out and just buy what YOU decide is "best" for you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well, I agree that you should use your own ears, as I have never heard a Swart, but one you should check out is the MXR Carbon Copy analog. Good sounding delay at a fair price. Does a great slapback too.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    Best... best?

You're gonna get a bunch of different answers because "best" means something different to each individual, (actually, I've noticed that here, "best" will usually most equate to cheapest!)

Why don't you get to a guitar store and try a bunch out and just buy what YOU decide is "best" for you?
    Thanks, Rocket. I know it's a subjective thing, but I'd like some input on what others think. Unfortunately, I live in a small town and the 2 music stores here only carry the "brand name" basic stuff. I visit them often...too often!: They both have ALOT of my money!
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    Well, I agree that you should use your own ears, as I have never heard a Swart, but one you should check out is the MXR Carbon Copy analog. Good sounding delay at a fair price. Does a great slapback too.
    Thanks, sun. Ya, that's the kind of info I'm lookin for. Nobody locally carries MXR. Once I get somemore feedback, I'll try to get a personal listen to some that interest me (when I travel to the big city )

In fact, I'll call Michael Swart and see if he has any recommendations, but still, keep 'em comin!
    bigG

Guitars:

www.swartamps.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The best player I know around here locally, who plays primarily clean tones, strat and tele, through a Carr Rambler, uses it for his slapback and verb type sounds (he uses another expensive, fancy digital for tap tempo stuff), and really likes it. He is a picky tone freak too. The MXR is about $150, so not dirt cheap, but I think it sounds good to my ears, I don't notice that it colors the tone of my C-30 that I can tell, and gets good reviews. If you search "delay" or look in the pedals forum, you will find a thread where I posted some good vids to look at.

EDIT: Here is the thread where I shopped for my delay and ended up getting the MXR. It has some good vids in it and some good advice from folks here I think. http://www.thefret.net/showthread.ph...ighlight=delay
    Last edited by sunvalleylaw; April 23rd, 2009 at 01:40 PM.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

+ on the MXR carbon copy,I use mine all the time but dont depend on batteries it loves 'em.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

The new analog delay kit from BYOC is very cool. It offers up to a full second of delay and switchable short and long delay modes. And I can vouch that it has that nice, warm all-analog tone. I use mine all the time, generally in slapback mode. If you have some electronics experience & good soldering skills, you could build one yourself, though this is one of BYOC's most difficult kits--definitely not for beginners! Or I'd be happy to quote you a price to build one for you, either assembled & unfinished or fully painted & decaled.

Here's a couple of pics of mine:

DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Check out the Tech 21 Boost DLA and Boost RVB...they just came out with a DLA version that has tap tempo and more options.

The Digitech Hardwire stuff is nice too.

Depends if you're looking for analog or if you don't mind digital(I actually like digital).

The TRex Tonebug Reverb is nice and reasonable. Lee Jackson's Mr. Springgy is cool.

Depends how much versatility you need in a reverb and how much delay you need in a delay.

Post Thanks / Like

I like my Digitech Hardwire Reverb, the modulation setting's pretty cool too.
    Doesn't change the tone of the Ceriatone at all, but everyone's opinion varies. Not the cheapest, but not boutique price.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

You can stomp on this girl's tail and wet your sound! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMobCR5EE_I Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it's hard to tell which is the best, but I could recommend some pedals that I think they are worth being checked out by you in shop:

Reverb:
    1. T-Rex Engineering "Reverb Bug" (new small pedal)
    2. Like Oldman said the Digitech "Hardwirde Reverb"
    3. Electro Harmonix "Holy Grail" - great pedal, true bypass

Delay:
    1. MXR "Carbon Copy" like SVL said. I love this pedal.
    2. TC Electronics "Nova Delay"
    3. Boss from "DD-3" on upwards. You also have a 40 second loop function in the DD-7, which is awesome when you practice licks and wann lay down a little BT.

Jimi75
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

The Boss DD-7 also has a model of the now legendary DM-2 analogue delay for when you want that old school soupy tone.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

I'll confuse you even more by throwing out another pedal - the Ibanez DE7. Great sounding and less than $45 used.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Alot of thank you's to all you guys! You all gave me some great alternatives. I've narrowed down to abt 5 that I'll be checking out.

Thanks again for your input and suggestions! Very much appreciated!
    bigG

Guitars:

www.swartamps.com

Post Thanks / Like

I'm test driving a Line 6 DL4 - pretty cool, includes 14 sec loop sampler too. Not sure of retail, but one came in to my local music store "used" for under $250 Canadian. Tempted...
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=schenkadere]Check out the Tech 21 Boost DLA and Boost RVB...they just came out with a DLA version that has tap tempo and more options.

I have the Boost DLA and like it a lot. Very versatile and does the lo-fi delay thing especially well. Sounds great clean or w/ some dirt.

=-) PJ

Post Thanks / Like

I think one of the best available is the empress super delay

This would be my next pedal, but I'm more than happy with the DL4.

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

I have this one and it has more effects than I would ever use. It is truely amazing.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast