Thread: Oscar Schmidt OE-30 question

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Oscar Schmidt OE-30 question

I bought a used OE 30 at local Guitar Center friday.$129 used.In excellent shape no scratches,dings or marks.Cherry Red finish looks hardley used.Plays great.My questions are: 1)Has anyone seen an Oscar Schmidt OE 30 without the Delta King label on headstock? It also is one without the OE 30 on the headstock.But i have seen some with OE 30 and without.No country name where made.No engraving on bolt on neck coverplate.The label inside body says OE 30 CH serial IS 9120077.Any ideas when are where made.Thanks for input.

Post Thanks / Like

Default OE-30 serial number

The first two digits should be the year it was made,but after that who knows.You might try writing Washburn and see if they can help.If you own one you either love it or hate it from what I have seen and heard,mine was made in China and it's one of the best guitars I own.Some are made in Indonesia and I think these are the ones that have the most problems .I have an Indonesian Squier Strat that I am very happy with so who knows?I hope this post was of some help to you.

Post Thanks / Like

Washburn email says made in China 1999.Not all had Delta King label.1999 was 1st year made.

Post Thanks / Like

i'm thinking of getting a cheap 335 style guitar...do you guys still like your oscar schmidt OE 30.....i am thinking of getting one of them or this one from rondo.

http://www.rondomusic.net/shm91so.html

thoughts?

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Hello ww,

Didn't I just see these for $99.00 at MF or someplace? I am sooo tempted but I am getting too many guitars around here.

M29

Post Thanks / Like

mf had the OS's for $99 bucks last week but they were out of stock...now that they are in stock they went up to 129.99

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Default Figures they would be out of stock at $99.99

If I would have known they would be on sale for $99.99 I would have bought new with the free shipping.But I still like mine a lot.So far I have 2 guitars the Oscar schmidt OE 30 and a Johnson JS 800.And a Johnson 15 amp.I know I'm starting small and on the cheap but I'm a beginner.

Post Thanks / Like

F4D... They are pretty good guitars for the bucks... I had one (Blueburst) and put the Duncan Blues pickup set in it.... Possibly could do with upgrading the pots and switch also.. I had realized I didn't like the 335 feel over all but the guitar was very nice for the money and had a pretty good sound especially for the money.... I gave it to a Nephew(13) knowing it would sit on the wall if I didn't... he is enjoying the heck out of it from what I hear .. he is sleeping with it.. For a beginner's guitar it's hard to beat.. I did shim the neck also to make the strings even lower and improve the intonation..

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.