Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
G_Slide Blues Collaboration...

Thread: G_Slide Blues Collaboration...

Post Thanks / Like

Default G_Slide Blues Collaboration...

If you guys feel for it , here' a collaboration backin track in G with my little slide thing on the openning ,there s plenty of space for you to have a little slide impro of your own..

Does nt matter your skills on the slide , just have fun and enjoy the try..

BTW my take is in standard tunning..

G_Slide Collabo..

Blazes:
    Last edited by Blaze; May 19th, 2009 at 10:14 AM.
    My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

Whoa, Blazes! Great electric slide tone! How do you get it?
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Great idea I might give it a try I discover the G tuning recently (I always played mainly in D tuning or exotic tuning) and I love it :
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Blazes that's a great tone and sustain that you deliver in that piece : Tasteful playing !
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjcurtin1
    Whoa, Blazes! Great electric slide tone! How do you get it?
    Ruetz mode of the Rabid rodent + the crunch channel of my Traynor ..
    Played on my new Xaviere Xv600..
    In fact , i m practicing Slide with this backing track so i thought it might be cool to other guys to try a little slide too..

Come on guys !!

--Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)

/ `--'(
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

For any of you unfamiliar with what Blaze is referring to by "Ruetz mode of the Rabid rodent", a brief word of explanation:

The Rabid Rodent is my modified build of the BYOC Mouse kit, which is a souped up clone of the venerable ProCo Rat. But with 6 separate clipping choices, it's got tons more tonal flexibility than any Rat ever had. Additionally, I also install an optional toggle switch (circled in red in the photo below) that engages a modification known as the "Ruetz mod" (named after its inventor) which reduces the Rat's prodigious gain, softens its distortion and flattens out the EQ profile considerably. Obviously used to good effect here by the illustrious Mr. Blaze! Great tone, my friend!

DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Well , well, well , i 'm hopin for some company here ..

Where are these slide guitar fans ??

/ `--'(
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

Dunno how I missed this. But I found it today and have had the same experience of suggesting a collaboration and having no one respond. Here's my first take. I tried to stay away from your tone, which is awesome, and do something different. Hope others join it, lots of room. If not, maybe a call and response is ino order?
    http://www.box.net/shared/9trfi2e1bg
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Post Thanks / Like

Cool stuff Helliot, pretty nice groove ...

Let see now if somebody else will jump in the Blazin slide Blues ..

/ `--'(
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome stuff guy's !
    Gonna have to practice up some slide, thanks for the push !

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't even own a slide (never even tried one), but love to hear collabs. Thanks Blazes! I am not sure how i missed this the first time around either. That Rodent is a good pedal, eh?
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    I don't even own a slide (never even tried one), but love to hear collabs. Thanks Blazes! I am not sure how i missed this the first time around either. That Rodent is a good pedal, eh?
    do youe mean slide or dont own a slide guitar? as you dont need either, just use a bit of metal pipe, skinny glass jar or even a bic lighter laying around the house, shed etc

Post Thanks / Like

craftsman socket plug works also
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to add my attempt at slide on this backing track but I have no idea on how to record. What do I need on my computer as far as a mike or downloaded program to record over the backing track?

I have a lap steel and a Squire Start that is set up for slide.
    Last edited by BluesHowler; August 24th, 2009 at 08:43 PM. Reason: speeling

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BluesHowler
    I'd like to add my attempt at slide on this backing track but I have no idea on how to record. What do I need on my computer as far as a mike or downloaded program to record over the backing track?

Need a USB Audio/MIDI Interface like this one(link) to plug your instruments ,mic, etc..
    Check on E bay or at your local Computer store..

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/FastTrackPro.html

Audacity is an easy and free recording software you can get here..

http://another.teacher.free.fr/IMG/z..._lame397-2.zip

/ `--'(
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BluesHowler

like blaze said, blues howler, google audacity and download it. i used that to record my contribution to old guys "new one to play with" thread. an easy free program thats pretty cool to muck around with. i didnt know what i was doing but mucked around with the program for a bit and got the hang of it. as for usb audio/midi type interfaces, good idea, and worth the money, but if youre on a budget, buy a decent microphone to plug into your computer, unless yours has a built in one, like mine, then its easy peasy :

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a whole bunch guys! I'm going to get Audacity and the interface thingy.

I'm not sure when it's all going to come together but I'll post some slide stuff soon.