Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D Minor Blues Evening Wank

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default D Minor Blues Evening Wank

I wrote this nice groovy backing track and decided I needed some fat distorted humbucker tones for some lead wankage, so I brought out the Michael Kelly and hooked it up with Toneport/Gearbox with the Marshall Plexi Lead and the Facial Fuzz stompbox.

Here is my take - So Upsetting

How's that sounding? A few missed notes here and there and some crappy timing here and there but that's how she goes this late evening. Have some :
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good to my ears, and you gotta share that backing
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert

How's that sounding? A few missed notes here and there and some crappy timing here and there but that's how she goes this late evening. Have some :
    Sounds surely good to me greasy and great chops spicing the sauce ! You rock man
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Thankee sai, the rhythm guitar is maybe mixed too loud?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Very good, Robert! Wonderful fuzzy warm tone! VERY tastey!

How you are able to do everything you do in a day is beyond me! And you do it ALL so well!:
    Last edited by bigG; April 29th, 2009 at 10:02 AM. Reason: add text
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

Post Thanks / Like

Those pickups have a nice sound for the style you are playing. Is that a backing track or something you did with EZ Drummer?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, yes I did that backing track with EZ drummer. I played my SX bass too.

Post Thanks / Like

I like that,I'm gunna try that setting.good quack,fuzzy.Good riffin groove Rob.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Really nice playing Robert!! The rhythm guitar was not AS noticeable the second time through. It seemed a bit much for about the first minute (in the initial listening) then settled back a bit.
    Anyway, nice lead work.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice job!

Groovy?

I better go pop in my Monkees DVD
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, guys! Someone pointed out a good point - that I could make it more melodic and thematic to draw the listener in more. I might try that. Usually when I improvise, I just go for it and see what happens. I have the most fun when I'm being very spontaneous. However, it can also be fruitful to have rough plan for a solo, especially if it is a long solo, like this one.

But if I start planning too much, it gets serious and then I'm gonna want to arrange the backing track and make into something more "finished" and that kinda takes away from the fun of just improvising to a backing track. Ahh, decisions.

Post Thanks / Like

You´re the man!! Greeeeaaat playing!!
    I really like you bends, it feels like the strings is snappi´n any time!
    Steffe

Samplitude 11 ROCKS!
    Thanks to
    Eric Clapton - Jonny Lang - Eric Johnson - Paul Gilbert
    Albert King - BB King - David Gilmour - Joe Bonamassa

and all other guitarheroes out there!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice one, Robert! Sounds good 'n groovy.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Good one there Boss !! How do you like buckers now ?
    My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

Robert.....keep in mind this is just my opinion....for what it is worth....

The lead playing is great.....but to me the rhythm sounds a little too happy for the blues.

This is definitely a song that in the end the guy gets the girl and keeps his truck. To me....the blues should be sadder or more angst filled :-)
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

Haha, thanks Kazz, that is alright. Never thought of it that way. Maybe he gets to keep his hybrid vehicle instead of the truck, hehe..
    Blazes, Steffe, Oldguy, thanks a lot for listening, appreciate the comments.

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

NIce Robert. I agree with your comment on the rythm guitar. It could be a little softer and your leads would stand out more.
    Keep it as an improv. That way it has more feeling. Then your style comes to the front. Nothing like a little hummbucker tone!
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome job Robert!
    I'm really diggin it ay!
    Music Teach's You Everything School Can't!

"Guitars sing through the heart and soul alone but need you to put the feeling and passion into the music." Cavell Clearwater (GREENMACHINE)

GUITARS: Sunburst Fender VG Strat Maple Neck, Gibson Custom B.B. King Lucille, Zebra Wood Ibanez EW Series Acoustic.

PEDALS: Eric Clapton Crossroads Effects Pedal, Behringer Hellbabe Wah, Boss ME-70

AMP: Randall RG200G

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Robert! I just got to listen to it today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast