Thread: Bought my new verb today, and I chose...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bought my new verb today, and I chose...

After much research and consideration, and after having to drop mucho money on a complete new brake job on my car just 2 days ago (talk abt unexpected expenses!), I decided on:

The Digitech Hardwire RV-7 Reverb (w licensed Lexicon onboard!). At $150, it was hard to do after paying for that brake job, but I just couldn't put anything less in front of my Swart. So, I bit the bullet and did the deed! Should make for a VERY nice musical weekend

Thanks again for all of your input and suggestions, my friends. Each was considered carefully and fully, I assure you. to all who contributed!

Now for a bit of a lie down, as all the over the top expenses of April, and now this great pedal, have warped my fragile little mind...ROCK ON!
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Does your amp have an FX loop?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

No FX loop. Will be going strait in.

This pedal also solves the problem w the AD50VT not having global verb. Now it does! heheh
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a LXP-1 by Lexicon, best reverb I've ever had. But it is not designed for being used in front of the amp.

http://www.dolphinstreet.com/guitar_.../lexicon_lxp1/
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I see. Yours is a half rack component, and abt 25 yrs old. This pedal sounds AMAZING between the guitar and amp. Takes the Lexicon sound and puts it into a small pedal. How, I don't know, but it works. No noise whatsoever, even when switched on/off - true bypass. And absolutely no hiss or hum that I can hear. Quiet as a mouse...well even quieter

I suppose a reverb effect belongs in an FX loop (after the pre-amp), but...well
    bigG

Guitars:

www.swartamps.com

Post Thanks / Like

Robert,

I took some time to check out the pedal's manual, and there is text and diagrams for both strait in to amp's input and for use in an FX loop. So it can be used either way - the manual doesn't emphasize one as being preferable to the other.

Thanks for checking and questioning that. Now we know for sure.
    bigG

Guitars:

www.swartamps.com

Post Thanks / Like

Just bought the RV-7 a few days back..love it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Elijah
    Just bought the RV-7 a few days back..love it!
    Right on! You certainly have good taste!

I use mine into the front end of my Swart, and it's delicious. Some of the best reverb I've ever heard, onboard or not.
    bigG

Guitars:

www.swartamps.com