Thread: The Who

pes_laul Guest

Default The Who

This is probably my favorite performance of this song. I've really been digging the who lately. Too bad there already half dead:

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

They still put on a show with the other half and Ringo's kid does a great job on drums.

They are the first band I saw live and I always enjoy watching the documentaries on VH-1 Classic - over and over again.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, good taste, pes! Perhaps my fave group of all-time - certainly in the Top 5. Saw 'em live 3 times in the late 60s - early 70s. Far and away THE best live shows I've ever seen, and I've seen most of the giants. It hurt me more when Moonie died than when Elvis died. I knew that was the end of The Who, even if they kept on.

But like strum says, Zack Starkey is the closest to Moon in any iteration of the band I've seen since. He's amazingly good. Sometimes it seems as if Moon is inhabiting Zack's body!

Great stuff! :
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigG

But like strum says, Zack Starkey is the closest to Moon in any iteration of the band I've seen since. He's amazingly good. Sometimes it seems as if Moon is inhabiting Zack's body!

Great stuff! :
    It just might be:

"Starkey received his first professional drum kit from his idol, childhood friend, and Godfather The Who's Keith Moon."
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!