Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Tattoo for you? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tattoo for you?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ro3b
    Wow, that rose is beautiful. Congratulations!

I'll post a pic of my back piece when it's done, but it will probably take at least another year or so. Stay tuned.
    Looking forward to seeing it.:
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

some people can do tats, but I had two removed years ago (just not me). I did have a pierced ear and you can still see it. I would pierce my ear again, but not both.

So I'm not a tat man, but change one letter and I will say I am a ______ man.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

i have four.

they are extremely personal to me and all commemorate an ideology of mine, or an expression of emotion.

[excepting the first, and tiniest. that one was a dare from the ex and is pure flash. the rest were all designed in collaboration with the tattooist. ]

robert, i'd be very picky about whom you allow to do the work, imho. what i personally conceptualize when you speak of those particular tattoos entails an artist in fine line, or single needle tattooing. you lose a great deal of detail when you move to the multiple needle work.
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra

Post Thanks / Like

I was never much into tatoos but to my surprise, my college bound son came home with one last year that I kind of got enthused about. He had the tree (Nimloth) from Lord of the Rings put on his back. He and I love that trilogy and have watched it many many times and read the books. I have had thoughts of doing the same thing on my back. Shoot not one would ever see it as I am a wrinkly, saggy, skinny runt now since I lost all my musckels over the years.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got 3,about 20yrs ago and the Hep C popped up 5yrs ago.Don't do it even if they clean good,they might just forget and pour the extra ink back in the container forgetting that it had blood in it.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    So I'm not a tat man, but change one letter and I will say I am a ______ man.
    Me? I'm an a$$ man. Everyone who knows me says: "Tung, you're and a$$, man."

(apologies to Rodney Dangerfield, but I love that joke)

As for tats, never. I'm scared of needles. I don't dare look when they draw my blood

tung
    I was just a regular guy. My only super power was being invisible to girls.
    - Dave Lizewski, Kick-A$$

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

One reason I am not a tattoo guy is I change my mind frequently (example: selling of guitars after owning them a week or two). I would get bored of it or them very quickly, so it's safer to have none. I see them on other people and I see a lot that I like, but not for me.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tunghaichuan
    Me? I'm an a$$ man. Everyone who knows me says: "Tung, you're and a$$, man."

(apologies to Rodney Dangerfield, but I love that joke)

As for tats, never. I'm scared of needles. I don't dare look when they draw my blood

tung
    I like the joke.

As for needles, I wasn't fond of them, but when I was in the hospital with my heart attack they would draw blood twice a night. When they did it, they would wake you up to tell you what they were doing. It got to the point where I would fall asleep while they took the blood. Even now when they take blood, I will hold the needle while they get gauze or sometimes it takes a number of tries to find a vein (I'm the opposite of Robert in that department) and will have to guide them in how to hit a vein.

I just posted this because I thought it strange that I went from someone that didn't like them and had to turn away, to someone who tends to control the process.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

CB, does the Rose tattoo look familiar to you? As a fellow Tower Junkie, it should.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G
    CB, does the Rose tattoo look familiar to you? As a fellow Tower Junkie, it should.

most excellent.

none of my tatts are SK related, but my favorite one, surrounding my left ankle, actually incorporates my own handwriting.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds very cool CB!

The Rose is primarily because my daughter's middle name is Rose, but then again, part of the reason her middle name is Rose is bc my wife and I are both Tower Junkies.

Post Thanks / Like

"Then the heart of the rose opened before him, exposing a bright yellow dazzle of light... It was a sun: a vast forge blazing at the center of this rose growing in the alien grass."

Post Thanks / Like

Rockette's latest additions:

Post Thanks / Like

For the tattooed ladies out there:

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the tattooed ladies out there:

Yeah, Strum! One of my favorites songs! I shoulda thought of it! :

Sorry, guys and gals - I just don't get the tat thing - they sure don't age well, and like Strum, I'd get tired of looking at it everyday of my life... but each to his own as they say.

And Strum, you should have specified a vowel change, otherwise we could come up with all kinds of things...:
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Rocket...

daaaang....

how many sittings did she have to go through for those?!!?

excellent work. those are hard colors to tatt well. especially the white. the detail is exquisite.

none of mine are that big.

Post Thanks / Like

NO NEEDLES FOR ME! I hate needles, too many pains in this body to just go out and ask for more. I did see this beautiful dragon that started about mid way of this girls back and it -well you can figure out where the tail ended up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Childbride
    ...how many sittings did she have to go through for those?!!?
    Sittings = 4 + 4.

Her initial leg tat was done at Hart & Huntington at The Palms in Vegas and taped for early episode of A&E show called "Inked". She didn't realize until asked to sign a release... then noticed that cameras were mounted all over the shop.

Turned out to be pretty disappointing by her standards and she had it reworked by her guy "Tattoo Rob" at Refined Tattoos in Palm Bay.
    Half-sleeve was also done by TR@RT.

Scapula & caboose artwork were both done 15 & 20 years ago in Portland, OR.

Her first was a small Bluebird done in Tacoma in 1977 and incorporated into her caboose cover in 1987.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd probably never get a tat either, just because it's not my style. I'm far too conservative. Having said that, when they closed my alma mater in 1995, several of the students then got the mascot tattooed on their upper arm. I thought that was cool for sentimentality's sake. That I probably could have seen myself doing. I've joked that I was going to get fake fingernails tattooed on the three fingers I no longer have tips for. Good joke, but that hand has seen enough needles as is.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast