Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Tattoo for you?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tattoo for you?

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Tattoo for you?

I have started thinking about getting a tattoo, because my wife is talking about it all the time. She wants a viking ship. Me, I think I want a GEETAR!

Does anyone here have a tattoo or two? Tips, links, ideas - please share, as I'm new to this. I'm starting to think that a nice Strat on my arm wouldn't be completely wrong. Or maybe a Strat leaning against a little amp!

Other ideas I have is the 3 crowns - the symbol for Sweden (http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/se-3kron.html), or maybe something with running, since I love to run.

Examples I found on the net:

Last edited by Robert; August 1st, 2006 at 09:30 PM.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

nice Rob.. some friends of mine are tatoo artists... I was even once "invited" to be one... long story that is...

hummm what you think about a guitar (the model of your choice hehe) and the Swedish flag as background? that could be a nice basic idea...

I once thought of doing a big psychodelic hendrix on my arm... but I gave up on the idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally Tats just dont appeal to me. If you do get one PLEASE make sure the instruments are sterile!! Dont take their word for it MAKE em show you! Hep B and C are easily transmited this way. I unfortunately have both from blood contact in my job as an apprentice many years ago. I am a Plumbing contractor and how I contracted it is so unbeliveably rare but I got it just the same. We were able to track it down since I had no surgeries, no tats and no drug use history but I had minor workday cuts that got exposed to blood tainted water servicing hospitals and Doctors offices. I been able to beat it (so far) but I havent been able to drink a beer in 7 years, alcohol and liver probs are real bad mixture. Theres reputable tat dudes out there who have no probs showing you their sterilization process dont accept nothing
    less. Not trying to be a downer here just watching out for friends!

Post Thanks / Like

I've never been one for tats either. It's your body so feel free to make whatever choice you want. Just remember that you are stuck with this choice forever.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

They won't let me into the happy hunting ground if I had a tattoo.

Myles Guest

I've always believed that a tattoo was fine, but personally it would require a lot of thought for me to get one. I'd want whatever tattoo I got to still be meaningful 20 years from now so that I didn't look back and think.. "Man I'm an idiot!"

So my guide to a tattoo:
    1)No Names.
    2)Keep it Small.
    3)Not on your forehead.

That about sums it up for me

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with everybody

- make you tatoos with reconized professionals
    - I would never do a "name tatoo"
    - Don`t do a 15 inches one if you`re just 'starting' on the bussiness, keep it simple.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a little one of these on my right shoulder, from the band, Poco. Like the band, always thought this album cover was kinda cool. Got it when I lived in Toronto as a reminder of my prairie/cowboy roots without being TOO hick-like.

Attachment 402

Have a hankerin' for lots more but waiting to find just the right one(s).

I say go for it Robert!
    Last edited by t_ross33; August 25th, 2006 at 05:37 PM.
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Rob get one like Ritchen Valens (the flying guitar).

Post Thanks / Like

Robert, you could get a Strat... but HOW would you figure out which model?

I kinda like the idea of your '51, leaning against the Vox or the Reverend, with a Bad Monkey on the floor would be a good one...

+1 to what everybody here says about getting tats, too. Make sure the artist is reputable. A good shop will open a presterilized package of needles right in front of you. Watch how the artists work. Do they wear gloves? Is the shop clean? Also, don't rely on pictures of tats on the wall. Talk to some of the customers hanging around and check out their work.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Tattoo parlors have come along way in the past 20 years. As body art, including tat's, piercings etc. have become, if not more popular, more mainstream, reputable artists are easier to find than ever. "Tattoo parlors", for lack of a better term now have more in common with day spas and salons than beer joints and barber shops, at least in my neck of the woods (though I'm sure I can find a seedy joint or two without having to look too hard).

Find an artist you like (review his/her portfolio) and make an appointment. If you're on a waiting list of 2 or 3 months, then chances are the guy/gal is good and in demand. The more reputable ones will take their art as serious as any axe slinger here at TheFret and will attend trade shows, seminars and classes to constantly learn and improve their technique and further their art. Ask lots of questions! I've been advised to stay away from places that take walk-ins for many of the reasons mentioned in previous posts. If you are ever in the Regina area I can recommend an artist for you. I've seen his work and he is very good. Comes highly recommended. I'll be looking him up when I get the courage up to get more serious "ink done".

Trev
    Electrics: Hagstrom Ultra Swede (Gold Eagle Burst) Gretsch 5120 Electromatic (Orange) Custom Nashville Blackout Telecaster (Black, Stat mid/neck p'ups; Lil Puncher (Modern Vintage) bridge p'up; Wilkinson Compensated Bridge w/ 3 brass saddles, Warmoth Vintage Modern Birdseye Maple Neck) Fender MIM Stratocaster (Blue Agave, Rosewood Fretboard, Fender Tex-Mex p'ups; GFS Trem/Block Kit) Highland Spitfire (semi-hollow, flame maple top w/ bubinga inlay)
    Acoustics:Washburn D10CEQSB, Yamaha FG160E
    Bass: Westone Spectrum ST, Warwick Rockbass Corvette Basic Active
    Amps: Vox NT15H/V112NT Night Train, Peavey Bandit 112, Hartke HyDrive 210C Bass Amp, Vox DA5

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I still would like a guitar tattoo, if I can find an artist who can make one look good.

My wife is getting a viking ship tattoo soon. That is pretty cool too.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Once upon a time I considered a tatoo, and an earring. Ended up deciding that in my case, it would look like I was trying too hard. Not really my look anyway.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Robert, if you ever make it down to DC I'll hook you up. :-)

Post Thanks / Like

I had an earring once. man am i glad that healed over. tattoo, none for me thanks. I see my inlaws with thiers during the summer and man it isnt pretty.

just think about what youre gonna have done, because someday someone will ask you why you chose it. can anyone fathom a reason for a cactus wearing a sombrero and two dice? <--- told ya the inlaws were strange folks I married the only normal one outta that bunch !!

carp3nt3r (please pass the washable markers i am applying a psuedo-tattoo.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by carp3nt3r
    I had an earring once. man am i glad that healed over. tattoo, none for me thanks. I see my inlaws with thiers during the summer and man it isnt pretty.

just think about what youre gonna have done, because someday someone will ask you why you chose it. can anyone fathom a reason for a cactus wearing a sombrero and two dice? <--- told ya the inlaws were strange folks I married the only normal one outta that bunch !!

carp3nt3r (please pass the washable markers i am applying a psuedo-tattoo.)
    Oh man that is just too funny, soda in nose alert!!
    Git-tires EC Custom Strat, Gibson ES-335, Custom built Tele, Fender Highway 1 P-Bass, Martin 000-28EC Acoustic, Gibson SG Classic
    Hearin aids-AmphsCustom hand built 5E3 Magic Markie Mojotone Amph, Fender Blackline dripedge 69 Princeton Reverb, 69 SF/DE Vibro-Champ, 64 Blackface Deluxe reverb, 64 Princeton 6G2 Fender, D'Lite ODS 22, Rumble 60 Bass amph
    EffectsBoss CH1 Chorus, Boss DD-3 Delay, Vox wah, Tonebone Classic, TS-9 modded, Bad Bob,Sweetsound Mojo-vibe, Boss RC-20XL Loopstation, Peterson Strobstomp, ZYS pedal, Keeley Comp, Boss LS-2, Zendrive, Menatone Howie

Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe I'm first finding this thread now. Silly me spending all my time talking about music and sports.:

I just got a new tattoo this past Saturday. It is my fifth.

Here are some pics of it, as well as the others. May as well put them up in chronological order...

#1 - Skeleton - Inside of left ankle

This was my first. I didn't play guitar at the time. I have since talked to my current artist about covering up the yo-yo with a Gibson ES-135 like mine. That will prob be the next tattoo I have done.

#2 - Sun - Upper Right Arm

#3 - Om - Inside of left wrist

This is one of two that both my wife and I got the same design in the same location. They were anniversary gifts to each other for our 9th and 10th anniversaries.

#4 - Lotus Flower - Inside of right wrist

This is the other anniversary tat.

#5 - Rose - Inside of left forearm

This is the most recent.

"I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that rose is beautiful. Congratulations!

I'll post a pic of my back piece when it's done, but it will probably take at least another year or so. Stay tuned.
    "When I play, I express my feelings very fast." -Yomo Toro

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am partial to the sun one, go figure, Sun Valley and all. Robert, did you ever get one? Maybe you can combine your idea and your wife's and get a Hagstrom Viking.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast