Thread: UX1, Pod farm and recording

Post Thanks / Like

Default UX1, Pod farm and recording

Hello!

I have UX1 and Pod farm from line6, and I just wonder what program you guys use for recording and editing?

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Garageband all the way, Bandini!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Is that only for Mac? I`m unfortunately just a PC user.

B

Post Thanks / Like

If you are on a budget take a look at Audacity. It's free.
    I use Cubase myself. It's not free.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Garageband is for Mac yes. That is one of the reasons I bought a Mac. It's a terrific program and makes recording as easy as pie. Or muffins.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

So what is the second best then, for PC?

Post Thanks / Like

Audacity is fine for a free tool. There are many good commercial ones - Cubase, Samplitude, Podium, Pro Tools, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bandini
    So what is the second best then, for PC?

Audacity , free and easy

Tutorial : http://www.docstoc.com/docs/2145888/Audacity-Tutorial

Direct download : http://another.teacher.free.fr/IMG/z..._lame397-2.zip
    My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Bandini,

I use and highly recommend REAPER.
    Also check out the REAPER forum. Any answers to questions you may have about its use can be found here.
    Guitars: Epiphone SG-400 Custom; Epiphone Firebird V; 1996 Gibson LP Standard; Avion 4; Yamaha FG-301B acoustic

FX: TS-808; Big Muff (Triangle Version); Red Llama; Green Ringer Octave Up (Clones); Maxon Phaser; Maxon Compressor; Tremulus Lune Tremolo; Line 6 POD II

Amp: (Somewhere in another country) Hiwatt 100W head, Marshall 4x12 cab

My noise here

Post Thanks / Like

Is there drum patterns included in the program?

Post Thanks / Like

Do you mean midi files or a drum machine/sampler?
    If it's a drum machine you're after, here's a free one here.

Or a bunch of other free ones here.

If it's midi files with patterns you're after, I remember seeing a site which hosted them. If you Google "midi drum patterns" or something similar, it may come up. Good luck.
    Guitars: Epiphone SG-400 Custom; Epiphone Firebird V; 1996 Gibson LP Standard; Avion 4; Yamaha FG-301B acoustic

FX: TS-808; Big Muff (Triangle Version); Red Llama; Green Ringer Octave Up (Clones); Maxon Phaser; Maxon Compressor; Tremulus Lune Tremolo; Line 6 POD II

My noise here

Post Thanks / Like

I really just need simple midi drumpatterns. But I found this http://www.majken.se/index.php?optio...id=25#comments.

How do I load it into Reaper?

Post Thanks / Like

I actually a platfor mcalled powertracks, by band in a box... its basically like a basic protools. I'm having a really hard time with it though. I can't get the sound right because I use the line6 floor pod plus on a direct input through the little recording on the front of the computer and the sound is terrible because its way to hot on the input and you have to turn it down like to the point you cant even hear it through the speakers. what do I do about this I honestly have no idea, i've been thinking about upgrading and buying this behringer package deal with an interface and mixer and software and such for a few hundred dollars and it comes with ableton live which is a really good system, but if ican work out the troubles with my current situation it won't be necessary. would an interface help?
    "If it sounds good it is good."
    -Eddie Van Halen

"Its like I'm in the fourth dimension, and somebody's asking me to describe it verbally. And thats what the fourth dimension is about; no words, no symbols, no images, just pure real energy, and vibrations. And if I thought about how cruel of a world this is, I would probably commit suicide after awhile, if that was what I spent all my energy thinking about. I definitely wouldn't have strength to create music." -John Frusciante

Guitars: Epi Les Paul Studio, Fender Strat (MIM), Mitchell MS180 Dreadnought

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fensonpaulcaster
    I actually a platfor mcalled powertracks, by band in a box... its basically like a basic protools. I'm having a really hard time with it though. I can't get the sound right because I use the line6 floor pod plus on a direct input through the little recording on the front of the computer and the sound is terrible because its way to hot on the input and you have to turn it down like to the point you cant even hear it through the speakers. what do I do about this I honestly have no idea, i've been thinking about upgrading and buying this behringer package deal with an interface and mixer and software and such for a few hundred dollars and it comes with ableton live which is a really good system, but if ican work out the troubles with my current situation it won't be necessary. would an interface help?
    I think you just have to make some adjustments to recording level and output level in Control Panel for your Soundcard. Also, how far up have you set the Channel Vol and Output level on your POD? I use the same setup as you, and I have both of those at 12 o'clock (generally speaking).

My noise here

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suhnton
    I think you just have to make some adjustments to recording level and output level in Control Panel for your Soundcard. Also, how far up have you set the Channel Vol and Output level on your POD? I use the same setup as you, and I have both of those at 12 o'clock (generally speaking).

I always have my output level at 12 oclock but my channel volume is generaly messed wit hdepending on what im recording i just use the vu meters to make sure its ok lol. but im very fed up with the systems sound quality....i think im going to go more analog lol.
    "If it sounds good it is good."
    -Eddie Van Halen

"Its like I'm in the fourth dimension, and somebody's asking me to describe it verbally. And thats what the fourth dimension is about; no words, no symbols, no images, just pure real energy, and vibrations. And if I thought about how cruel of a world this is, I would probably commit suicide after awhile, if that was what I spent all my energy thinking about. I definitely wouldn't have strength to create music." -John Frusciante

Guitars: Epi Les Paul Studio, Fender Strat (MIM), Mitchell MS180 Dreadnought