Thread: EX-7 for $99 at GC

Post Thanks / Like

Default EX-7 for $99 at GC

I'm on vacation at my folks' place and happened to stroll into the local Guitar Center. I was trying to see if they had any of the new Danelectro Cool Cat pedals (they didn't), but I noticed that they have the Digitech EX-7 Expression Factory for $99. Previous normal price was $199. The guy I talked to said that that price was good for at least the rest of the month, although it appeared to be a new regular price. They also have the Digitech Chorus Factory for $49. I wanted to snag one of those my own self.

Robert, you need one of these, you know . . .
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, they haven't changed their website yet. Where is the GC store you went to located?

I'm sure if you call that store or any store they would probably match it - I assume.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

One of you guys should buy one for me and I'll pay you via PayPal. Getting stuff shipped to Canada from those kind of stores are usually a pain. Although I haven't really checked with GC.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

The Guitar Center is in Saginaw, Michigan. The guy checked it on the computer there, so it should be system-wide. I'm starting to GAS for that Chorus Factory. I just don't know if my wife would shoot me.

Robert, if you can't find one and you are serious about wanted me to snag one and mail it to you (I have no idea what shipping to Canadia would be), let me know before the end of the week. I'm heading back to WI on Sunday or Monday.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Marnold, that would be swell, dear chap. Can you check what shipping would be? It seems I need one of these pedals in order to fit in with you big boys.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll see what I can't find out. I'll have to ask my Dad where the local UPS outlet is. I know it's not too far.

Post Thanks / Like

The UPS Store said it would cost $65 to ship that pedal to you, Robert. That seems crazy, but I've never shipped anything to Canada before. Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

WHAT! Sixty Five Freaking Bucks? That is indeed crazy my friend. What about good old USPS? Those UPS leeches - I hate them. Overcharging for everything, darned scoundrels.

Post Thanks / Like

I checked the USPS website. A 2 pound package to Canada would be $18.40 for Priority Mail International ($17.48 if label paid for online), 6 to 10 day delivery time. A 20 pound flat rate box would be about $22.00 to ship, so maybe Robert should make a big shopping list. First-Class Mail International Package would be $8.56, post office only, with delivery time listed as "varies."

There is also a customs form that has to be filled out, I think because certain items may be "duitiable." I don't know much more about that.
    Guitars: MIM Fender FSR Limited Edition Stratocaster with direct mount pickups, Schecter C-1 Plus, SX SST57 Powder Blue, Alvarez RD8 Accoustic

Amps: Line6 Spidervalve 112

Effects: Digitech Bad Monkey, Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, GFS Delay, GFS Tuner, Behringer HB01 wah, Line6 Toneport GX, GuitarRig 3

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    ....."It seems I need one of these pedals in order to fit in with you big boys."
    Huh? What was that? I didn't hear you very well you were saying???

That would be cool if you got one. They're really fun pedals. I'm really digging the Cry Baby effect these days and the Whammy effect is fun as heck.
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

I'll research further. That $65 sounded insane, but I didn't know if they had some special fee for beaver repellent or something if they ship to Canada. I can ask the USPS too.

Post Thanks / Like

Turns out the guy at the UPS Store was huffing something. The actual cost was just shy of $22--which means that someone else will soon be joining the EX-7 Club!