Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which Chorus pedal do you use?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Marnold... yes this is an old thread, but I didn't want to reinvent the wheel.

The Digitech deserves some serious consideration as well.

Cheers Wings Buddy!
    David
    Last edited by Algonquin; June 26th, 2008 at 11:21 AM.
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I tell ya, the Arion is a great pedal. There is a cheaper model that sounds very similar - SCH-Z, see http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-IN-BOX...2em118Q2el1247

60 bucks including shipping.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The DC-1 Cool Cat looks like a good new option. Any one try one yet?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...dal?sku=151854

The CC-1 may look like even a better deal. More controls, more similar to the CE-5 from Boss? and cheaper.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...dal?sku=482331
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

If you like chorus, get the Cool Cat CC-1 - http://www.coolcattone.com/chorus.html

I tried one yesterday, and I was impressed. It's really well designed and you can get a variety of trippy chorus sounds with this thing. I didn't buy it because I don't like chorus much - I am waiting for my Cool Cat Vibe instead.

I do think it is a much better pedal than that old Cool Cat chorus.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Even though this is a very old thread, since it was resurrected I'll also post here that Guitar Center has the DigiTech Chorus Factory which models several popular chorus pedals for $49. I'm seriously considering it, since (as I mentioned long ago) I'm not a big fan of the AD30VT's chorus.
    Are you sure about this? The GC site has it for $99. Was this an in-store deal or something?
    Guitars: MIM Fender FSR Limited Edition Stratocaster with direct mount pickups, Schecter C-1 Plus, SX SST57 Powder Blue, Alvarez RD8 Accoustic

Amps: Line6 Spidervalve 112

Effects: Digitech Bad Monkey, Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, GFS Delay, GFS Tuner, Behringer HB01 wah, Line6 Toneport GX, GuitarRig 3

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Danelectro coolcat chorus which is lovely, miles better than the AD30 built in one, and can be had for cheap. Built like a tank too. Mines one of the 18volt ones with 2 batteries. I used to have an Ibanez cs10 chorus which was also excellent and well worth a look for - apparently the same circuit design as the fabled cs9 but in a cheaper case/hardware. These can be had for cheap as well.
    Guitars Gordon Smith GS1.5-40, Peavey Generation EXP, Ovation Celebrity electro

Amps Behringer GM110

Effects Danelectro Blue Paisley pure drive, Danelectro Cool Cat CD1 Distortion, Danelectro Black Paisley liquid metal, Danelectro Cool Cat chorus(original 18v model), Danelectro Dan Echo delay, Line 6 Toneport GX,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jasongins
    Are you sure about this? The GC site has it for $99. Was this an in-store deal or something?
    It wasn't specific to that store, but you might have to visit a brick-and-mortar place to get that price.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Everytime I've tried chorus (admittedly only on my AD30VT) I immediately go back to a dry signal because my guitars seem to make their own gravy.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

I should really get out there and try a few. I've been using the chorus on my JC now for ages, and it's very subtle but I do like the effect. My amp is old as dirt, and you can't adjust the effect. I tend to use the vibrato more often there, as I can control the rate and depth. Not sure why they built them that way... it would have been a good feature.
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

pes_laul Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    I think you will be happy with it. I went with it after listening to Swede's advice. I like mine well enough, though I do not use it a ton and do not know enough to tell you many of the differences between it and the CH-1 or others people have mentioned. It seems versatile and is a tank like any Boss. As for the looper, you may want to find a good used RC20-xl. At a demo I attended, it seemed to have a few more options over the stompbox sized RC-2, not that I can name any right now. Still The RC-2 works well for Tone and I think Justaguy.

Hey, Pes Laul Kris! How do you like that Cobain-y EH small clone? Did you check out a Boss when you shopped?
    oh man I am still in love with that thing.

though I have to clean the switch later.

it creates a real lush-y swirling effect but when You turn the depth up things can get a little weird:

I didn't try any other pedals besides the clone.
    Besides my old DOD Chorus (awsome pedal) Thats the only one I have had

Post Thanks / Like

I used to have an old Ibanez Bi-Mode chorus that I just loved. Unfortunately it got stolen, and I haven't tracked down a replacement for it. It had two oscillators, so you could do asymmetrical sweeps and other shenanigans with it. Instead of going "neeyeereeyeereeyeer," you could have it go "neeeeeeeyeryeryeryereeeeeeeyeryeryer" or "nyeryeeryeryeeryer." The advantage over other pedals is obvious.
    "When I play, I express my feelings very fast." -Yomo Toro

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently my answer is now the DigiTech Chorus Factory, although I've only been able to use it for a little while.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

I've just been using the Chorus/Reverb blended effect on my AD50. I really like the sound of them together.
    -Steve

Guitars: Carvin BoltPlus-T, Floyd Rose DST-3, Xaviere XV870, Fender Acoustic
    Amp: Vox AD50VT 212, V-Amp 2
    Pedals/Effects: Wasabi Overdrive, HellBabe Wah, Digitech Hot Head, Danelectro Fab Chorus

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ro3b
    I used to have an old Ibanez Bi-Mode chorus that I just loved. Unfortunately it got stolen, and I haven't tracked down a replacement for it. It had two oscillators, so you could do asymmetrical sweeps and other shenanigans with it. Instead of going "neeyeereeyeereeyeer," you could have it go "neeeeeeeyeryeryeryereeeeeeeyeryeryer" or "nyeryeeryeryeeryer." The advantage over other pedals is obvious.

LOL! I love the description.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I also have the CE-5 as well as the BBE Mind Bender. The MB is pretty neat I must say.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123