Thread: Speaker upgrade micro cube

Post Thanks / Like

Question Speaker upgrade micro cube

I picked up a micro cube off ebay,pretty cool and was wondering has anyone done a speaker upgrade.I've heard of putting a 6.5 coaxial in,but was just wondering.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

The one in it is fine for what it does. The REAL beauty of the micro cube is direct recording with it. I ditched my Pod as I get amazing sounds out of the cube. Just keeping it simple going forward now.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I was playing and the sound was getting muddy,sounded like the speaker was flappin,then the sound was getting lower.It was the battery in my Parker getting low.You know new used amph,darn I got a bad one,you know,well plugged in another axe and Here I am.sounds good dang batteries.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

The blackface is the weak spot on this amp. For some reason the speaker farts on this model with any substantial volume. Still, I wouldn't spend any additional cash on an already cheap amp. Not too many makers of 4 ohm 5" speakers anyway.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like

The speaker farts out on a lot of old Fenders too. Maybe they just got carried away with the modeling
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't bother...pop on some headphones...sounds amazing!