Hello!

After going to a great musicstore in Cologne on Tuesday without buying anything, on wednesday it was time for the vacancy travel to my favorite store in Ibbenbüren (www.musik-produktiv.de). While buing the most via internet at www.thomann.de, the Musik Produktiv store is only a car hour away. So far so god...GAS is coming...

This time i looked for a wahwah pedal. I tested a CrayBaby and different other standard pedals, but wasn't very happy with them. Then i hold the package of a Behringer Helbabe in my hands. It has a optical control, and that seems a big pro for me.

So, it was late and i bought it without (!) testing it. At home i tested it with my Vox AD50VT. It has a smooth sound playing clean and gives the wanted emphasis to distorted soloing. Perhaps other wahs are more dramatic. As a further pro, you can switch a Boost function. Also you can set the range and the hights finetuning, also the Q - knob allows to set the filtertype more wider or more narrow.

The pedal is turned on automatically in the moment you begin to move the pedal. After returning to heel down, it switches of after a time. The amount of time for waiting until switching of you can set via a small screw in the bottom plate of the pedal. I choosed a time of roundabout 1 second. The pedal is almost noiseless (i would like to say it is noieseless) and doesn't kill hights when not in action. But you can hear it, when it switches on (not loud, only recognizable in clean playing).

It is a very cheap pedal for 39 Euros.

Have a look at:

Behringer Hellbabe