Thread: Old guys can shred too

Post Thanks / Like

Default Old guys can shred too

Check it out brother fretters. Even if you are of age to collect Social Security there is still hope.
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...=label%3Ashred

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

On my best day even after 10 cups of coffee, massive doses of amphetamine, two bottles of geritol and months of practice will my fifty one year old digits move that fast. I bet that guy can play some really tasty stuff if he can do that at his age. You know while I marvel at people who can shred there is a point where the speed just doesnt convey the soul of the music being played. Once the wow factor is gone its kinda over for me. I havent found any examples of shredding (not that I listen to many examples)that make me want to listen once the amazement has ended. But then Im just a dinosaur. I know I could not handle a two hour concert of say Ingred Mowmstien....speilt rong on porpise LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

*ahem* he was fast for sure, but he could benefit from practice for another 50+ years. I couldnt hear too many clear tones at all. Not a real Ingrid Malmsten.
    Last edited by SuperSwede; August 5th, 2006 at 12:52 AM.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Age has nothing to do with playing fast or anything, as long as your healthy it doesn't matter how old you are, at least thats what I think, also he didn't play it all that clean but I probably can't play it at half speed myself (or can I...).