Thread: Bad news?! My solo's not in the MTV video...

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Bad news?! My solo's not in the MTV video...

Puhhhh....that's the real business reality and how the big part of the music industry works nowadays. You might remember my thread and how happy I was about that solo I played for the song some friends made and that the video was supposed to appear on MTV with my solo in it? No gloating here please... The record company made the decision to publish the initial remixed track as the first single and to print our original version now on the cd as the remix track (I can imagine they feared the kids would not be buying the real instrument version). Somehow this gives me a good laugh watching the guys in the video play drum & guitar and you only hear a synthie....

I think it's still a good success to be part of a good b-side anyways :
    ...as long as my name is on the cd....hahahahahahha.....

Here's the video:
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, a mahogany banjo!

That's too bad Jimi. At least your version can still be heard on the CD, and I'm sure there'll be other opportunities to display your guitar-playing prowess.
    Guitars: Epiphone SG-400 Custom; Epiphone Firebird V; 1996 Gibson LP Standard; Avion 4; Yamaha FG-301B acoustic

FX: TS-808; Big Muff (Triangle Version); Red Llama; Green Ringer Octave Up (Clones); Maxon Phaser; Maxon Compressor; Tremulus Lune Tremolo; Line 6 POD II

Amp: (Somewhere in another country) Hiwatt 100W head, Marshall 4x12 cab

My noise here

Post Thanks / Like

Brother we know the real deal...................
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahh, that sucks.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that man. Most MTV viewers wouldn't be able to appreciate a good guitar solo anymore. I'm glad to hear it made the CD though.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

You were so elated with the news of this gig...so sorry to hear this disheartening news, amigo
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75
    Puhhhh....that's the real business reality and how the big part of the music industry works nowadays. ...
    If it's any consolation, Jimi, I can tell you from personal experience that it's been this way for at least 33 years

...I think it's still a good success to be part of a good b-side anyways :
    Believe it : And keep on believing in yourself, Jimi. You still caught a break here, making connections. It's truly a matter of being in the right place at the right time, of who you know...many times, regardless, I'm afraid to an extent, of what you know.
    ...as long as my name is on the cd....hahahahahahha.....
    Seriously, that's gonna depend on the egos of the artists and producers you worked for, and their managers and lawyers, and the 'record' company.

But no matter what, they can't take what you did, your accomplishment, away from you, away from your heart of hearts.

Post Thanks / Like

Bummer Jimi,but I see you got a good role in the video giving the girl a backrub!!! Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be interested in hearing the remix version with the Jimi solo. Although to be perfectly honest I would only listen to that kind of music to hear that solo

I still thing it's cool that you're going to be on the remix.

I hear it's the summer.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Bummer for sure. Oh well, maybe there will be a grassroots uprising among the target audience that discusses on facebook or twitter or wherever that the remix is the better cut.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson