Thread: City and Colour / Dallas Green

Post Thanks / Like

Default City and Colour / Dallas Green

I've been listening to City and Colour tunes on the radio for quite a while now, and finally got my butt to the music shop and bought the first two CD's. The tune Sleeping Sickness is by far one of my favourites... thoughtful lyrics, and an infectious groove that is a whole lot of fun to strum along with. Gord Downie of The Tragically Hip makes an appearance on this track as well.

Cheers
    David
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

DALLAS GREEN?? He managed the Phils when they won the World Series in 1980.

Post Thanks / Like

Stupid youtube! "This video is not available in your region".
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by piebaldpython
    DALLAS GREEN?? He managed the Phils when they won the World Series in 1980.
    This Dallas Green was indeed named after the Phillies Dallas Green. His father apparantly was a fan and named him as such! I heard this on a local radio station (102.1) when Dallas was being interviewed by Dave Bookman (Bookie)

SuperSwede... I dislike that 'Region' thing on YouTube also.

Maybe someone would be good enough to get you a clip to listen to
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Algonquin
    Maybe someone would be good enough to get you a clip to listen to
    Yes, thank you o anonymous emailer.

I liked it!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009