Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Fender 2006 FSRs

Thread: Fender 2006 FSRs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fender 2006 FSRs

Would Fender please stop making FSR models!

This black one has me drooling something fierce! The matching headstock, two Tex-Mex coils, a humbucker for my 80s tunes, the funky pickguard, and black on maple - talk about great for a Hendrix/SRV/Mustaine man like me. I need another guitar like a hole in the head but it's hard not to stop looking at it.

Fender® FSR Standard Strat HSS

Or how about this one?
    $399 including a Fender molded hard shell case!

Fender® FSR Tex-Mex Standard Stratocaster Electric Guitar

I really got to stop looking at guitars on the web. Mixing ADD with GAS spells TROUBLE!

I thought I'd post these in case some of you are looking for something different.
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

What does FSR stand for?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    What does FSR stand for?
    FSR = Factory Special Run -*or*- Fender Special Run, depending on who you ask.

These special limited edition models are made to order specifically for a distributor to offer They regularly offer colors, features, and combinations of hardware not found on any current production models at the time of their offering. FSRs sell out quickly as was the case in my FSR Flip-Flop Strat I got a couple years ago. All 250 were sold in about 2 weeks.
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Would an FSR be any better than a "common one"?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

That black & chrome sure looks fantastic with the maple neck.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Would an FSR be any better than a "common one"?
    That depends... if you like Tex-Mex pickups and a free hard shell case, I'd say yes.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with SS I think the maple necked humbucker one looks really cool.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink freak goes wild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW the look of that black one with Maple and colored headstock could turn a few heads including mine. I love Ibanez but that one would not hurt my feelings to much to play. If any other interesting ones come up please post them......the freak
    For those who dare to be good, it aint enough, therefore you should strive to be great!!!