Thread: Done buyin Guitars

Post Thanks / Like

Default Done buyin Guitars

Well I I think I've covered all the bases tonewise I could ever wanna get. Just picked up my ES-335 Dot RI today. Unbelieveably sweet sounding guitar. This is my first Gibson. Always wanted one and finally after 51 years I got it! Out of the five that I played this one was the baby extremely nice workmanship I did have to go through and set it up action and intonation and now it is bleedin perfect.

Pic Link>>>>>http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...gAnch=imgAnch1

Post Thanks / Like

naw...you still need a tele and a les paul!
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Since you mention it......Hmmmm. You know LP's are nice but just not for me I just never hankered for one. The ES can do a real good LP impersonation, now a Tele that could find way o my heart. Either way im very hapy a fortunate with my humble little collection of tone monsters!

Post Thanks / Like

What strat is that? And I have to agree to get a tele

Post Thanks / Like

The Strat? its a black one LOL J/K

Its a Clapton and the Bass is a Highway 1

Post Thanks / Like

Mark, nice 335! Those are great instruments
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like the Gibson may need it's own amp. Those semi-hollow bodies sound real nice with a new tube amp to play through. GAS never goes away completely. One does not fully recover from this disease. And this forum does not help at all.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice looking 335..Congrats! Yep I can see room there for a Tele at least... But first enjoy that 335 for a week or two... Oh ya know a Gretsch should always be added to a great collection like that to to round it out.. Maybe a Country Classic with a Bigsby..then just maybe you got all the tones covered.. but then again..

Jimmie Vaughan Strat , Squire 51
    Epi 56 GoldTop, SX "Vintage" Jazz Bass
    Zager 50, Guild GAD30R (Excellent)
    G-Dec 3 Thirty, Valve Junior & Cab
    Crate PowerBlock, Crate V33H
    JamVox, Studio GX With Mods/Farm 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

gretsch does have some nice stuff....

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

You guys are a big help!!! had to fix a lot of Plumbing problems for these LOL Fortunately The Blues Deluxe covers my amp needs. I will amend the done buying guitars to "In a holding pattern"

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fleet Mark... now you just need a Tele, Jazzmaster, Jaguar, Mustang, Les Paul, and a Rickenbacker to complete your guitar collection.
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    I will amend the done buying guitars to "In a holding pattern"
    That be some fancy footwork there, Mark. It's rather alarming for a regular like myself to see a "Done Buyin' Guitars" on this forum! Anyways - it's good to see that you've come to your senses.

Leaving yourself open to exploration is really one of the key facets of playing. At least I think it is. Trying out new / different guitars, effects, amps, and recording gear has to be one of the funnest and most exciting parts of the whole playing equation. Right now, I'm pretty well set for gear. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't welcome a "new addition" with open arms. Perhaps a Epiphone Dot? Or a new 12-string acoustic? Time will tell . . .

To coin an old James Bond film title, "Never Say Never".

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Nelskie, who´s the dude in your avatar? Looks somewhat like Roky Erikson!
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mark,

Wow, that's a great 335. I've been lusting after one of those for quite some time myself. I also have the Eric Clapton Strat but I have an earlier version of it with the Lace Sensor pickups (I'm thinking about swaping those out for some of the noiseless single coils like the new model has). It's one of the most versatile guitars I've ever had and has the most awesome V-shaped mable neck.

But, yes, I would love to add a 335 to the collection. I've always loved their tone. I've been considering trying to find a CS-336 which is a smaller version of the 335 and a little different design. Either one would work for me.

How much did you pay for the 335 if you don't mind me asking? For one like the this I would expect that it was about $2000-$2500.

-- Jim
    Electrics: Hamer Newport, Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AF86, Line6 Variax 700
    Acoustic Guitars: Taylor 514CE, Martin J40-M
    Dobro: Regal "Black Lightning Dobro"
    Mandolin: Morgan Monroe Mandolin
    Amps: Egnater Rebel 30, Vox AD120VTX, Roland Cube 60
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandid=301718