Thread: okay im tired of looking now...

Post Thanks / Like

Default okay im tired of looking now...

ive decided im going to committ to saving to buy yet another amplifier, this time, all tube and alot more powerful than 5 watts.

can someone tell me if an amp like this exists please:

50 watts
    all tube
    4, 8, 16 ohm speaker outs
    preferably a head not a combo
    mains and standby
    a power select switch so i can switch to half power or something
    £200-£300 preferably, would go a little over

input people !!
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey bro whats that translate to in lowly greenbacks They have been blowing out the peavey windsor halfstacks for $399-499 not sure if it meets your specifics.It isnt versatile but a cheapmans plexi .Would sound nice through your marshall cab not sure what the windsor cab sounds like
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

i looked at the peavey windsor, i only find one problem...its single channel.

thats something i forgot, its preferable, but not essential, but id like 2 channels
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Post Thanks / Like

the windsor is only a couple o' notes off of the price of the valveking. i have valveking GAS.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea I was price scanning and seen that.A peavey classic head 30 watt or 50watt might be nice.Take your time they are offering so much on the cheap these days.I wish I was young and had all the choices to choose from for $300-$500 or so.Even better things at $500-1000:

Have you looked at carvin stuff .
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

ive had a quick look but the postage from the US to the UK is almost as expensive as some of their amps.

Post Thanks / Like

The Fender Bandmaster at 40 watts might suit you...it's a bit more at $649 but it has two channels and the gain gives you everything from smooth overdrive to a marshall style distortion. Reviews have been pretty good.
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibanezjunkie
    the windsor is only a couple o' notes off of the price of the valveking. i have valveking GAS.

The Valveking was the one I wanted to suggest. It's a very good amph with lots of RNR spirit!
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

since its almost summer, and i never spend money in the summer, cus i spend my whole summer holiday down the rivers and stuff near my house. i figure ill try and spend like none of my money until like october. i should be loaded by then

i guess ill most likely sooth my valveking GAS. or have a look whats on ebay once ive got a fair amount of cash together.

Post Thanks / Like

just out of interest, does the VK head have a solid state or tube rectifier? GAK doesnt seem to have that in the specs. id assume solid state, which in my opinion is preferable cus i cba to retube the rectifier aswell.

Post Thanks / Like

just out of interest, does the VK head have a solid state or tube rectifier? GAK doesnt seem to have that in the specs. id assume solid state, which in my opinion is preferable cus i cba to retube the rectifier aswell.
    The VK has a solid state rectifier. But then you play harder styles (metal, etc) so you'd probably find a valve rectifier a bit too spongy. FWIW, Marshall have used diodes for rectification since about 1968.
    As for rectifier valves needing replacement, I sold a 1970 Fender Vibrolux two years ago and I'd swear it still had the original GZ34 in it. It was certainly the same one that was in there when I bought it in 1990. They almost never fail.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

ive decided im going to committ to saving to buy yet another amplifier, this time, all tube and alot more powerful than 5 watts.
    Have you checked any of the Bugera amps? A bit over £300 and 120watts each.

From the clips on Youtube my favourite's the 333. Closest I've heard to a Mesa Dual Rectifer:

http://www.dv247.com/invt/54858/
    http://soundcloud.com/tarasque

Guitars: Encore Strat, No-Name Les Paul copy, Cort Acoustic, Vintage VRS100AW, Schecter Tempest Custom, Cort VX-4V, Dean Inferno V.

Amphs: Ashdown Fallen Angel FA 60 DSP, Harley-Benton GA5.

Pedals: Zoom G2.1U, Digitech Screamin' Blues, Electro-Harmonix Stereo Electric Mistress, Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah.

Post Thanks / Like

well, im gonna just hide away the pennies for a while, then see whats on offer. there could be like some, amazing new tube head released thats ideal for me.

Post Thanks / Like

ive made a list of all the suggestions ive gotten, and im gonna save the pennies and browse ebay.