Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying To ID My First Electric Guitar

Post Thanks / Like

I can't ID the guitar, but that is a cool picture! We're about the same age. I was born in '61.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like a Silvertone , sold by sears at that time , the action was so high on those things you could use it to shred cheese .. still a lot of players have fond memories of those 1st electric 6's , moi included .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Marty DiBergi: "This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The musical growth of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry."
    Nigel Tufnel: That's just nitpicking, isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the link 7....didn't see one like mine there (mine had a sunburst headstock) but i think i will send them the pic and see if they can help me identify it!

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    thanks for the link 7....didn't see one like mine there (mine had a sunburst headstock) but i think i will send them the pic and see if they can help me identify it!

ww
    Yes, I noticed I couldn't find the headstock the same. But if it is a Silvertone or one of the companies that made them for Silvertone, that guy would know.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like it could be a Silvertone or a Teisco to me.
    Man, you are so lucky you have a picture of that guitar...I was born in '61 and I got my first electric (a silvertone) for X-mas in '70. That guitar is now LOOOOONG gone, and I don't even have a picture of it now. (*sniff*)
    Electrics: Epiphone Les Paul Standard (w/S.D. pups - JB-4/bridge, SH-'59 neck), Fender Fat Strat (Mexican), Squier Fat Tele, Squier '51, Agile Valkyrie III, Ibanez Artcore AF75, Washburn OS OE30 Delta King, Dean Vendetta XM (w/ Dimarzios, D-Sonic/bridge, Air Norton/neck), Silvertone archtop (late 60s/early 70s), Titan EG-1 strat, Gibson G-3 bass, Fullerton strat

Acoustics: Sigma DM-5 (Japanese), Silvertone archtop (early 50s), Yamaha FG-110 (Korean), Alvarez RD20 12 string, Silvertone (60s)

Amps: Alamo Capri (early 60s tube), Alamo Challenger (late 60s tube) Epiphone Valve Jr. Head (w/Peavey 1x10 cab & Realistic 2x6 cab), Fender Yale Reverb, Vox Pathfinder 15R, Marshall Lead 12, Behringer G110 V-Tone, Marshall MG15CD, Vox DA-5, Pignose 7-100, Marshall Bass 12

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by guitartist
    Looks like it could be a Silvertone or a Teisco to me.
    Man, you are so lucky you have a picture of that guitar...I was born in '61 and I got my first electric (a silvertone) for X-mas in '70. That guitar is now LOOOOONG gone, and I don't even have a picture of it now. (*sniff*)
    These two would be my guesses as well, Silvertone or Teisco.

70's plywood MIJ!

I had something similar as my first electric too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12