Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Best pedal power solution?

Thread: Best pedal power solution?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best pedal power solution?

I guess I'm finally getting to the point where I need a way to power my pedals other than 9V batteries. I've seen the One-Spot and others but have never used any of these.

Any suggestions? Low cost is better for me.

TIA,
    Bob
    Guitars: Jimmie Vaughan Strat, 2001 Affinity Squier Strat with 70's Japanese pickups, Affinity Squier Tele
    Amps: Fender Pro Junior w/ Ragin' Cajun speaker, Peavey Delta Blues 115
    Pedals: Ibanez TS9DX w/ Humphrey mod, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Dano PB&J Delay, Arion Tubulator w/Indyguitarist mod, Boss CS-3, Dano Fish and Chips EQ, Boss CH-1, Dano TunaMelt Tremolo, Boss RV-3, Boss DS-1
    Strings: Darco 10's

Post Thanks / Like

I use the 1-Spot and it works fine for me. But I don't play out. I chose it for price and after seeing lots of folks on different boards saying that it works well.

Gil
    Where ever you go, there you are

a 1973 Léro Model 58 Dreadnought; a 1998 Ovation 1861 Standard Balladeer Natural; Taka - a 2005 Squier '51 Black
    Yume - a 2006 Squier Standard Strat Cherryburst; Houbi - a 2008 Fender VG Strat Blizzard Pearl won via fender.com

Pedals: Home made board; Visual Sound 1 Spot Power; Danelectro Chicken Salad, Fab Chorus, Echo & Flange; DVM Phasers To STUN; EHX LPB-1; Fender PT-100 Tuner
    Amps: Fender Super Champ XD; Vox DA-5 in Camo
    Computer: Apple MacBook Pro, PowerMac G4; Line6 Toneport KB37; M-Audio Black Box Pedal Board, Trigger Finger & DX4 Monitors
    Software: Ableton Live Lite; Apple Garageband; Cockos Reaper; Line6 Gearbox/POD Farm with Model Packs
    GAS: Squier Classic Vibe '50s Tele; Barber Tone Press Pedal; DigiTech Bad Monkey Pedal

Post Thanks / Like

One Spot works well for me....
    Guitars: A Few
    Amps: A Couple
    Pedals/Effects: Sure

We've done four already, but now we're steady, and then they went one-two-three-four....

Post Thanks / Like

Voodoolab is the best in the west , expensive, but not for the pros cause there build like a thank..

1 spot is pretty good for the cost..

My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

One spot works fine for me. I play out occasionally, and I have not had any problems. For some pedals, you must remember they require an independent power supply to not create noise. I am talking about pedals like loopers, some multi effects units, etc. But the One spot works great for most normal stompboxes. I have the initial unit, which has five spots, and a five spot extender, so after you account for taking up one spot with the extender, you can power 9 pedals with one device. I think you can get both the unit and the extender together for between $20 to 30 shipped online.

I am not saying it is the best or whatever, but it works for me just fine and is economical.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    I think you can get both the unit and the extender together for between $20 to 30 shipped online.
    Has anyone seen it for this price range lately? Where?
    Guitars: Jimmie Vaughan Strat, 2001 Affinity Squier Strat with 70's Japanese pickups, Affinity Squier Tele
    Pedals: Ibanez TS9DX w/ Humphrey mod, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Dano PB&J Delay, Arion Tubulator w/Indyguitarist mod, Boss CS-3, Dano Fish and Chips EQ, Boss CH-1, Dano TunaMelt Tremolo, Boss RV-3, Boss DS-1

Post Thanks / Like

I use this...

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.c...ply?sku=151091

Been gigging with it for a couple of years now.

Cheers and HTH,

Bob

Post Thanks / Like

For the money, you can't beat the One-Spot. I have two pedal boards. A SKB PS-45, which has the power supply built in, and I have a Pedaltrain Pro with a BBE Supa Charger (which is similar to the VooDoo Lab Pedal Power). The Supa Charger won't power a few of my pedals so I ended up running a One Spot along with the BBE. I felt a little ripped off after buying the Supa Charger.
    Last edited by hubberjub; May 30th, 2009 at 09:02 AM.
    Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

The 1-Spot for sure. Cheap and effective.

I have two - one in the bedroom and one in the living room, both w the 5-pedal extension cable. I'm covered for all pedals in either room.

The 1-Spot is pretty much "universal" as far as 9v inuts/outputs are concerned, but be forwarned, there are some pedals that require either an adaptor (no big deal) or their own power supply (pain in the arse).

Whatever you do, get off the batteries, man. I hate 'em and I hate buying them and I hate changing them...and I hate the battery companies who are getting rich off all this "portable" stuff! If I were to invest, I'd invest in battery companies. They're sure to be around forever and are certainly doing a booming bisiness in the midst of this economic downturn...

Rant finished...
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

pes_laul Guest

I use the 1 spot for when I play out and rehearse but If I'm in the studio I will use batteries so there isn't any ground noise

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all who replied! I just found and bought a 1-spot over on the Gear Page for $25 shipped. I should get it later this week.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got to echo Birv's thanks. CB has enough pedals now that I had been looking for a power solution. After seeing this thread I ordered the 1-Spot combo pack off amazon and got it yesterday.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

Just got mine yesterday. What a treat to line my pedals up and plug them all in at once! Till now I've used 9V batteries, which means I've had to remember to unplug them all when not in use and constantly be plugging and unplugging when I wanted to switch them around.

Now they're all plugged in and in a neat row, so I can experiment with different combinations easily.

Awesome! Now on to making/buying some sort of pedal board....

Thanks again to all who posted their suggestions,
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like

I think unplugging them was the most frustrating part Birv. I can't tell you how many batteries we went through because "someone" would forget to pull all the cables out.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyshiner
    I think unplugging them was the most frustrating part Birv. I can't tell you how many batteries we went through because "someone" would forget to pull all the cables out.
    Yup. Learned that the hard way. The cool thing about the 1spot is I can experiment with all the different combos without constantly redoing everything.

This is way better.

Post Thanks / Like

jim dunlop DC brick, harley benton powerplant, T-rex fuel tank.
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

Post Thanks / Like

On sale: Small pedalbaoard with G-BUS-8 Power Supply Included for $109.00

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...Bag?sku=546157
    My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(