Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Tortoise Shell? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tortoise Shell?

Post Thanks / Like

I'll bill you for a new keyboard for my computer--I just drooled all over it!

It looks fantastic! The swirly "tortoise shell" looks great, and unusual. Very classic, although I've always found tortoise shell Strats to be kinda "classic rebels", because of their funky looks.

Congrats, bro.

Post Thanks / Like

looks good....might have to get one
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    looks good....might have to get one
    Man, I thought you were already coming back from the music store with pickguard in hand!

Slacker.

Post Thanks / Like

i'll get there....don't worry!! The tortoise shell does look good
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

What color is your strat, Warren?

Post Thanks / Like

it's black...actually an early 90's peavey fat strat knockoff (SSH)...

ww

Post Thanks / Like

Warren get a Tort and be in our club. You can always shave some guard around the holes if you have to to make it fit and put some new holes in the guitar for the new guard like Kerc said. Who knows maybe you might not have to make any modifications to your new tortoise shell guard.

Post Thanks / Like

What a fine guitar. I love the chocolatey overtones from the pickguard, sunburst and fretboard.

Post Thanks / Like

TW - hey I never thought of it like that. Chocolatey. I like!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I must say, food is one of my passions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    LMAO...I just might! Pictures are forthcoming....let me just answer this post and I'll do some Photoshopping here in a minute...
    looking forward to it... torch it
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

I put a white pearl guard on my 3-tone sunburst strat, and my olympic white strat. Looks pretty cool with the maple fretboard. I had the bronze moto pickguard on my 'burst strat for awhile, and thought that looked really cool too.

The pearl white pickguard sold by Stewart McDonald aren't as bright as the Fenders or WDs, so I think they look pretty cool. Very affordable too. Check out www.stewmac.com. The only think about Stew Macs pickguards are that you have to file the holes a little bit for American strats (I used a Dremel). The holes are for the smaller import pots.
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Tone! Somehow I missed the post with the pix of the new pickguard. Looks super! I don't care for the tortoise shell with many colors, but it looks great with the 'burst. Nice visual upgrade!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Hey, Tone! Somehow I missed the post with the pix of the new pickguard. Looks super! I don't care for the tortoise shell with many colors, but it looks great with the 'burst. Nice visual upgrade!

Thanks DVM. Thanks everybody for the comments.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah ..looks great with burst or oly too .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Marty DiBergi: "This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The musical growth of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry."
    Nigel Tufnel: That's just nitpicking, isn't it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12