Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Tortoise Shell?

Thread: Tortoise Shell?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Yes to the TS, Tone! That's a classic look with the 'burst finish, rosewood board and white pup covers. With that thick poly coating that Fender puts on Strats nowadays, will it naturally relic on it's own?
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe
    Yes to the TS, Tone! That's a classic look with the 'burst finish, rosewood board and white pup covers. With that thick poly coating that Fender puts on Strats nowadays, will it naturally relic on it's own?
    Poly doesn't relic, unless you hit it hard against something, and then it pops and cracks in big chunks. It does yellow somewhat with age and exposure to the environment.

My Hamer seems to have a pretty thin poly coat, 'cos it's even sinking into the wood. Look at this:

But it doesn't do the "fade"...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe
    I picked up a tort guard for lunch. It's sweet too. It's swirly...different than the speckled tort. I can't wait to put it on tonight. I'll post pics tomorrow.

The finish won't come off no but the dents and scuffs will show through. It's got a few dents here and there. I should put the body outside for a few years or something and see what happens. heh