Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Behringer Gm110 V-tone Amp

Thread: Behringer Gm110 V-tone Amp

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Behringer Gm110 V-tone Amp

I tried out my new Behringer GM110 V-Tone 30W amp last nite. I bought this ($100 thru audioallies.com) based primarily on the recommendation of DUFF. http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/GM110.aspx
    The GM110 is a clone of the fabulous Tech 21 Trademark amps with their SANSAMP technology. I'd love to hear a Trademark amp because the V-Tone ROCKS.
    What a SUPER sounding amp this is. Oh baby.
    It's analog, has direct out, headphones, effects "send" and "return" portals. Master volume, drive, low, mid, high, 3 speaker simulations (flat, US 2 x 12, UK 4 X 12), 3 amp modes (clean, hi-gain and hot) and 3 models (tweed, Brit and California).
    One you turn this amp on it is dead quiet and when you start to play, the sound is excellent coming out of the 10" Bugera speaker. No hiss, no rattles, just the notes you are playing.
    It takes a bit to dial in tones as the various sounds are a function of volume, drive, amp model and amp mode. Once you do that, you are set. This is a very responsive amp to pick attack and such sundries. I was pleasantly surprised how well it sounded.
    I played my Washburn HB-32 through it. I got all types of wonderful bluesy sounds going through all amp models (tweed, Brit and Calif). Chords were clear, solo notes were crisp; nothing muddied about the sound at all.
    I'm going to mess around with it some more tonite and then try out a pedal tomorrow nite. These amps supposedly love pedals. I wouldn't be surprised.
    For those of you who have these type amps (SANSAMP tech), I was enjoying the following sounds:
    Tweed clean, Tweed hi-gain, Brit clean and Calif clean

As I play more, I'll report back with additional thoughts. All of the above is based on 90 minutes of playing last nite. I am NEW to the DARKSIDE and I must say, this is fun.
    Oh yeah, my wife commented on the "different and nice sounds" coming out of the amp while I was noodling around. This this is plenty loud too.
    Last edited by piebaldpython; May 27th, 2009 at 12:43 PM.