Thread: Bluesy Speaker for Musicmaster Bass Amp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bluesy Speaker for Musicmaster Bass Amp

I recently purchased a vintage Musicmaster. It's pretty much all set up for me w/ NOS RCA tubes. I love the tone of it, but I think I can make it sound better with a speaker upgrade. It has a no name ceramic in it, and it's a bit too punchy for my taste, so I'm looking for a good alnico replacement. I'm a huge fan of modern Slowhand tone, so something that will give me that sort of characteristic would be ideal! I play mostly blues/rock ala Clapton and the Stones. I have been considering a Weber signature 12S. Any suggestions?
    Guitars: '04 Eric Clapton sig Strat, '06 Stnd Strat, Epi LP Stnd, Epi LP Jr. DC, Japanese Parts-caster, Keef inspired Blackguard Tele, Martin 000X1

Amps: Fender Musicmaster Amp, Fender Champ 600, Hiwatt Bulldog 10

Effects: Boss SD-1, Boss DD-3, Dunlop Rotovibe, JH CryBaby Wah, Korg Pitchblack tuner, Boss FDR-1, EHX Russian Big Muff, Boss FDR-1

Ernie Ball Reg. Slinky on all electrics!

Post Thanks / Like

Weber is the way to go, I would call ted and talk to him about what you have and what type of music and he'll set you up, I run all weber speakers in my twin and deluxe. Me personally I would use a vintage series 12f125 or 12f125-o they are a little more expensive but well worth it.