Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Repainting and Re-pickup-ing

Thread: Repainting and Re-pickup-ing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Repainting and Re-pickup-ing

well, i had a dodgy old 'Rally' les paul body, with a fairly decent LFR trem. It was okay but i hated the colour and the pickups sounded dead. I sanded off all the horrible metallic blue paint and coated it in primer. I scratched a few of the primer coats to give a like, denty raised part effect, which looks really cool now its paint. here are a few pics i took while the clearcoat was drying (it slipped my mind to take pics after sanding and priming :

anyway, here goes...

well, this picture shows the colour it used to be (the horrible blue one with the stickers on it)

Heres a few shots of the clearcoated finished paintjob, nicely roughed up and coated over and over (used extra course sandpaper to get the deep scratches) over time, theres going to be more colours, and a seymour duncan invader or something simelar in the bridge, im leaving the neck position empty. its a franken-paul.

back:

Front:

scratchy finish:

more pics once ive done the electronics. I have a 'cash flow' problem atm, so it could be some considerable time =]

later :
    Last edited by ibanezjunkie; May 29th, 2009 at 12:55 PM.
    Guitars: Ibanez RG420EG, Harrier Mistral Ice White Tele
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    Cabs: Marshall 4x12 (4 x Celestion Pro 12")
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Just another Rig Sig Jig, Dig?

Post Thanks / Like

no interest at all? hmm.
    Amps: Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 15R (w/ 8" Celestion), Marshall Valvestate Mk.I 8100 Head, Blackheart BH5H Head
    FX:Line 6 Floor POD, BOSS 7-band GE-7, BOSS Mega Distortion MD-2, Vox V847a Reissue Wah, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive

Post Thanks / Like

If you like the deep scratches and "rough" look, that's all that matters. Not what anyone else thinks.
    Is this your first refinish on a guitar?
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

no its about my 4th or 5th i think?

Post Thanks / Like

more pictures of further deliberate damage and painting! soon.

Post Thanks / Like

well, Emma said it needed more colour, and so did my mother...so i added some blood red to the mix. its sorta sprayed on willynilly, i also made some more scratches, this time deeper with a blade instead of sandpaper...here it is, i decided to overspray at the bottom then turn it upright so it bled down (Emma suggested this)

heres pics...

bleeding...

EVH style stripes on front cutaway...

im only putting in one actual pickup and one volume knob. i made it look a little less weird but putting in 2 dummy pots (2 fill the other 2 holes) and a dummy pickup (to fill the neck pickup cavity)

might be a while before i get the SD pickup to stick in there, maybe not

i dunno, got a vox wah on my GAS list.

=]

Post Thanks / Like

PS. i realise i have the neck pickup screwed down the wrong way round, i just noticed that.

Post Thanks / Like

i wanna see that thing when its done. pretty kewl, i must say.
    Guitars: Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, Ibanez Talman TC420, Guitar built by yours truly
    Pedals: Digitech DF7, Digitech EX7, Ibanez WH10, ZVEX Fuzz Factory, EHX The Worm, Arion DDM-1, Digitech XBW
    Amp: Marshall MG100HDFX + MG412
    www.myspace.com/ragnarpk

Post Thanks / Like

It looks pretty awesome. Can't wait to see it finished.

=]

Post Thanks / Like

Emma i love you

i brought you to thefret with my magical mind bending powerz.

x

Post Thanks / Like

Well if you and Emma like it then I guess that is what matters. I could possibly get into the EVH stripe thing on a Les Paul if you had done a smooth and pretty base but those scratches just don't work for me.

Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder.
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kazz
    Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder.
    Yep.
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal