Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Goldie is home :-) (Gibson LP Gold Top Trad.)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goldie is home :-) (Gibson LP Gold Top Trad.)

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Goldie is home :-) (Gibson LP Gold Top Trad.)

Folks, it's done. I thank you so much for crossing your fingers the last day. It worked. "Goldie" came home today. I woke up at 5h in the morning, drove the 65 kilometers to Cologne and arrived at 8h - two hours before shop opening time. So I went to the holy mess in the Cologne Dome and came back right in time for the shop opening!

I had the opportunity to check two of the Les Paul Traditional Gold Tops over a Fender Bassman 59. The first I have played was already great, the second couldn't convince me, I don't know why, it was just that my stomach said "put it away, it's the other one". So I grabbed the first one. The saddle needed to be filed a little bit so the technician did it right there, which was great.

It's 1h in the night right now and I still can't believe how fast my plan came together again (i am exhausted, believe me). Goldie weighs 9.93lbs, the craftmanship is really good and there are only small things that have to be done, like changing the pots and exchanging the saddle with a bone saddle. I couldn't believe my ears how great this guitar sounds and how comfortable you can play on it. The guitar is perfectly balanced, the neck is pretty chunky but not as huge as the one on the 56/57 Historics. The Classic 57 pus seem to be perfect for Blues and Classic Rock, this guitar smokes, awesome sustain, no dead spots, singing leads, woody Blues, some Bonamassa licks I have played just sounded so darn right! My favourite pu position is the middle position. Well,, I know there are some great guitars on the market that you could buy for the money, but I think the feeling of that real Gibson can not be topped - this guitar got balls - point. I am a traditional player, so Goldie is perfect for me. I have taken some crappy pix, of course I will post a video asap. This guitar looks very beautiful in nature.

"A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome, Jimi! I look forward to hearing her rip!
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Very sharp looking guitar I love the look of a gold top.
    Congrats
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Bravo Jimi just like my dream set up here http://www.thefret.net/showthread.ph...081#post134081

Well , Now I'm envious !

Congrats
    My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

Woohoo brother...........im on one after a raw sg but might go used 70's with mini's:

Yep a G.T. is @#$%#$% jimi im so envious and thats hard to admit!!!!:

Hey brother if that has the metal mounting plate for the pots I have long shaft sets of gibby and cts 500k range ........no charge...........pm if needed:
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Jimi, man, that is awesome! What a beauty! A keeper for a lifetime, no doubt! Congrats!
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

Post Thanks / Like

Fine guitar, Jimi.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

Should we share the secet now???????
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man that is sweet!! Congrats Jimi

M29

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure how many on thefret have tried a plekked neck Jimi how do you like it??? I had mr roboto plekked(not at factory) and two carvins I like it but undecided if a good tech or myself could come close by hand on a fret job(doubt it but it is good debate material): I do like a plekked neck though fo-sho The weight is nice since it isnt chambered but weight relieved a little, drilling out a few holes but ya know this!!!

Jimi check this link on xray chambered and 9 holes for your weight relieved:

http://forums.gibson.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=18137
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy

Should we share the secet now???????

???Yes please???!
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Congrats Jimi, I'm delighted your plan came together. She sure is a beauty!

By the way, what's a plekked neck?
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

Plek machine setup.

Post Thanks / Like

Mark thanks for that awesome vid I think it is the first time seeing it!!!

I humbly take back what I said about coming close on a fret job:

Maybe a great great tech,can just not me
    Duane Skydog Allman

Post Thanks / Like

I was delighted to hear that the Traditional series is pleked. It's a great concept. You can plek your guitar afterwards, but you have to pay around 200-400€ here in Germany, I always thought about it and now I got it on the Gibbie...

Post Thanks / Like

Charlie Chandler offers the service for about £150 in the UK. I don't know of anywhere in NZ that has it.

Post Thanks / Like

Pleked - There is nothing that cannot be done on a computer these days...wow.

Jimi glad you found your dream and are living it bro. The gold top just does not do anything for me personally....I prefer Les Pauls where you can still see the wood grain through the finish. It makes me think that the gold top may have originally been used to cover up flaws in the tops. Probably not, but that is what went through my mind when I seen the first one in person. Frank has one that his wife Christy bought him a few years back for a Christmas present.....she picked it up because her dad, The legendary Dickey Betts had played one for years and Frank always wanted one because of that.

The first night he gigged that guitar in Northern Cali he told the story with such a huge smile on his face.

I do have one question for Jimi.....you say you are going to put a bone saddle on Goldie? This would be the first time I have heard someone mention using bone on an electric....pretty widely used in acoustic guitars but I had not heard of it on an electric until now. Would a bone nut help with sustain any like it does with an acoustic?

Can't wait to hear you playing some killer blues on that new guitar...and congrats again.
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

I could have sworn this is the model that Spud posted the article about a recall.

Just kidding of course - congrats.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Jimi, nice LP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast