Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The Now Playing Thread - Page 100
Page 100 of 120 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 1,882 to 1,900 of 2279

Thread: The Now Playing Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

R_of_G..... ^^^^ reminded me of something I dug out this weekend.

Reason being that the bass player on this album, Harvey Brooks, was also the bassist on "*****es Brew". Typical foggy Monday Morning random association.

good stuff - both.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tio Kimo View Post
    R_of_G..... ^^^^ reminded me of something I dug out this weekend.

Reason being that the bass player on this album, Harvey Brooks, was also the bassist on "*****es Brew". Typical foggy Monday Morning random association.

good stuff - both.
    Love a good deal of that Super Session album, as well as the work Bloomfield, Kooper and Brooks did with Dylan on the Highway 61 Revisited album. Good stuff indeed!

Post Thanks / Like

Another 2012 favorite...

Sleigh Bells
    Reign of Terror

Post Thanks / Like

And another 2012 favorite...

Post Thanks / Like

I really like the sound (production) of this record, and the energy is really good too.

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    Yesterday, actually, but who's counting?

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Never in a million year would I have thought I'd like this....but it really kicks a$$.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    Never in a million year would I have thought I'd like this....but it really kicks a$$.

Thile kicks a$$ indeed. I think he's someone we're gonna hear from for many many years to come. After leaving Nickel Creek, he put out this album, which is fantastic....no formulas apply with this guy. He'll go down as the Bela Fleck of Mando players (and collaborated with Fleck on a classical album...yeah classical..a mando and a banjo, and it's fantastic as well.)

And why wouldn't you dig something from the guy that wrote this.....

"It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Friday Miles!
    Miles Davis - Cookin' With The Miles Davis Quintet

Miles Davis - A Tribute To Jack Johnson

Post Thanks / Like

^^ Did you get into my iPod playlists again.

I'm doing an All-Miles Friday myself.

NP:

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

And a new one for me, added to today's play list...
    Miles Davis - Nefertiti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post

And a new one for me, added to today's play list...
    Miles Davis - Nefertiti
    Push comes to shove, the second 60's quintet is my "Best Band of All Time" and that album is a wonderful illustration of why.

So's this one which came out in the 70s but was recorded in the late 60s with that personnel.

NP:

Post Thanks / Like

Still a strong contender for my overall favorite album of 2012.

Post Thanks / Like

Just got the CD in the mail today!

"Confessor" might replace "Song of Yesterday" as my favorite BCC song.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

B.B. King - Blues Is King - Live In Chicago 1967

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Today is the birthday of two of my biggest musical heroes, Booker T. Jones and Neil Young. If only there were a way to listen to both of them at the same time. Oh wait, there is (Drive-By Truckers too)

NP: