Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The Now Playing Thread - Page 23
Page 23 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: The Now Playing Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Lamb of God's "Ashes of the Wake"
    http://www.lamb-of-god.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bcdon

Lamb of God's "Ashes of the Wake"
    http://www.lamb-of-god.com/

Ashes of the Wake is my favorite LoG album. Another must have for fans would be the live "Killadelphia" album, which has several songs from AotW that sound really good.

LoG and Mastodon are easily my favorite modern metal bands.

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig
    LoG and Mastodon are easily my favorite modern metal bands.
    I'll listen to their Killadelphia album next, thanks! Also check out Meshuggah (http://www.meshuggah.net/) if you haven't done so already. I posted earlier in this thread about "Contradictions Collapse," which is just awesome. They use a very different timing signature that is mesmerizing at times.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bcdon
    I'll listen to their Killadelphia album next, thanks! Also check out Meshuggah (http://www.meshuggah.net/) if you haven't done so already. I posted earlier in this thread about "Contradictions Collapse," which is just awesome. They use a very different timing signature that is mesmerizing at times.
    Yep, I have all their releases. The recent obZen was really good.
    I have to be in an time-change-polyrhythmics mood to listen to Meshuggah!

I also like most of Opeth's releases.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Pelican
    The Fire In Our Throats Will Beckon The Thaw
    Hydra Head Records, 2005
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G
    OK Computer is one of the finest albums of all time. Personally, I think their recent material is a direct extension of the work they were doing during the OK Computer period. They're still one of the few bands I find that can put together an album that works as a whole rather than just a collection of songs they happened to record around the same time. They also happen to be a superb live band, which is quite an accomplishment to be able to replicate their sound live.
    I second that.

Now listening "The Dead Weather"
    Pretty good stuff there... interesting vocals.

Gretsch Corvette
    Parker P-38
    Yamaha APX500
    Vox Pathfinder 15R
    Vox Tonelab ST
    Blackheart LG
    ... That's it.

Post Thanks / Like

"I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Paul Motian Trio
    Live Feb 23, 1998
    Hamburg, Germany

Paul Motian - drums
    Bill Frisell - guitar
    Joe Lovano - saxophone

Post Thanks / Like

John Coltrane
    Live at The Village Vanguard: The Master Takes
    Impulse!, 1998

Post Thanks / Like

Howlin' Wolf
    The Howlin' Wolf Album
    Cadet, 1969

He hated it. I love it.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Paul Motian Trio
    Sound of Love
    Winter & Winter, 1998

Motian, Frisell & Lovano recorded live at the Village Vanguard in 1995.

Post Thanks / Like

Muddy Waters
    Electric Mud
    Cadet, 1968

Post Thanks / Like

Sleigh Bells
    Treats
    Mom & Pop Records, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Woven Bones
    In and Out and Back Again
    HoZac Records, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Listening to now:

Up next:

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the rest of my afternoon...

Post Thanks / Like

http://soundcloud.com/tarasque

Guitars: Encore Strat, No-Name Les Paul copy, Cort Acoustic, Vintage VRS100AW, Schecter Tempest Custom, Cort VX-4V, Dean Inferno V.

Amphs: Ashdown Fallen Angel FA 60 DSP, Harley-Benton GA5.

Pedals: Zoom G2.1U, Digitech Screamin' Blues, Electro-Harmonix Stereo Electric Mistress, Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah.

Page 23 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast