Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The Now Playing Thread - Page 35
Page 35 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: The Now Playing Thread

Post Thanks / Like

"I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

"It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Little Steven's Underground Garage

Here's a twist. Instead of listing an album, I'll share one of my jewels of the radio/internet:
    Little Steven's Underground Garage
    You can catch it on Sunday nights if you have a cool local radio station, or join the free membership at the website and listen to it at your leisure, as well as all the past shows. Plenty of known and unknown songs and bands, all delivered by the coolest cat in rock & roll, Steven Van Zandt.

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Tig, +1 on Little Steven's show. It's a gold-mine of great pure rock and roll and Van Zandt has a wealth of knowledge that is unsurpassed by other hosts.

So, since I've been digging back into my own Jersey roots with the Sprignsteen and Southside Johnny and Gaslight Anthem lately, I'll see your Little Steven and raise this...

"I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G
    Tig, +1 on Little Steven's show. It's a gold-mine of great pure rock and roll and Van Zandt has a wealth of knowledge that is unsurpassed by other hosts.

]
    I love that show. They broadcast it here on the local radio station on Tuesday nights. I just watched what I think is part of the upcoming movie regarding the making of "Darkness on the Edge of Town" on HBO last week. They are releasing a boxed set with video like they did for "Born to Run" a couple years ago. I enjoyed the parts I watched, and particularly how hard Little Steven worked for what he felt was the Bruce's and the band's best interests. He obviously works off his gut and emotion, and his absolute love a a good pop song.

While he was proud of "Darkness", a much angrier, stripped down and raw sounding album than BTR, you could see he was disappointed that a large number of more pop or rock songs that were written by Bruce during that period did not ever see the light of day. Interesting, so, therefore, I am listening to

Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    I just watched what I think is part of the upcoming movie regarding the making of "Darkness on the Edge of Town" on HBO last week. They are releasing a boxed set with video like they did for "Born to Run" a couple years ago.
    They are releasing The Promise November 16 as a double CD in addidion to the bigger box set, The Promise: The Darkness on the Edge of Town Story.

Disc 1
    1. Racing in the Street ('78)
    2. Gotta Get That Feeling
    3. Outside Looking In
    4. Someday (We'll Be Together)
    5. One Way Street
    6. Because the Night
    7. Wrong Side of the Street
    8. The Brokenhearted
    9. Rendezvous
    10. Candy's Boy
    Disc 2
    1. Save My Love
    2. Ain't Good Enough for You
    3. Fire
    4. Spanish Eyes
    5. It's a Shame
    6. Come On (Let's Go Tonight)
    7. Talk to Me
    8. The Little Things (My Baby Does)
    9. Breakaway
    10. The Promise
    11. City at Night
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I guess I'm on Bruce kick lately. I remember enjoying The River back when it was released, but never listened to it since. There are some really well written and produced songs here!

Post Thanks / Like

Still my favorite...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tig
    I guess I'm on Bruce kick lately. I remember enjoying The River back when it was released, but never listened to it since. There are some really well written and produced songs here!
    That was my first Springsteen album. Though I had heard of him before a bit on the radio, I did not own any or have any real knowledge. The River was the first I owned. I have always liked it, and enjoyed playing it as an album, with the songs in order.

I am going to put it on now. For some reason, Greetings was less accessible to me back then. I will have to give it another try now that I am older.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

My other favorite...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G
    My other favorite...
    I never listened to it until recently, and I'm liking it. Some of his best lyrics, and the songs are moving.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig
    I never listened to it until recently, and I'm liking it. Some of his best lyrics, and the songs are moving.
    It's a departure from the style of the previous albums, but a shift to another style that suits Bruce quite well, and I agree, the album definitely contains some of his strongest lyrics.

Post Thanks / Like

A little something to listen to while reading and watching basketball...

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

- j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Page 35 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast