Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The Now Playing Thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 120 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Now Playing Thread

Post Thanks / Like

"I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Pandora station based on Koko Taylor, this was the album that came up on the first track:

Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

The Red Album by Baroness. Excellent progressive metal band from Savannah, Ga.
    "When I play, I express my feelings very fast." -Yomo Toro

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Today it was

Smokey Robinson and the Miracles - 18 Greatest Hits

* 1) Shop Around
    * 2) Youve Really Got A Hold On Me
    * 3) Ill Try Something New
    * 4) (You Can) Depend On Me
    * 5) Mickeys Monkey
    * 6) The Tracks Of My Tears
    * 7) Going To A Go-Go
    * 8) I Second That Emotion
    * 9) If You Can Want
    * 10) Baby, Baby Dont Cry
    * 11) Doggone Right
    * 12) The Tears Of A Clown
    * 13) I Dont Blame You At All
    * 14) Baby Come Close
    * 15) Baby Thats Backatcha
    * 16) Quiet Storm
    * 17) Cruisin
    * 18) Being With You
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

(One of the all-time classic metal albums)
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold

When I was 13, I practically wore that album out.

NP:

"I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Now playing:

Pandora second half of '60s pop station based on the Mamas and the Papas
    So far, it has played some M&P, Byrds, Beatles, S&G, Croce. Mellow, working on a rainy day stuff.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

The Glenn Kaiser Band/Winter Sun Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    For me, it is currently Bireli Lagrene and Transatlantic and some Richard Lehoux (know who that is? ).
    How did you get your Richard Lehoux stuff ??

Currently listening to one of my favorite acoustic ever

http://www.amazon.com/gp/recsradio/r...gSuffix=dp_img

My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

Currently listening to a playlist on shuffle I made of George Harrison and Bob Dylan songs. Right now it's playing "Isn't It A Pity?" from George's All Things Must Pass. I really love this song.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold

It's strange, that album seems to get mediocre reviews because it sounds too "poppy". That's my fav Priest album too (probably followed by Killing Machine, which I think was rebadged as "Hell Bent For Leather" for the US market).
    Guitars: Epiphone SG-400 Custom; Epiphone Firebird V; 1996 Gibson LP Standard; Avion 4; Yamaha FG-301B acoustic

FX: TS-808; Big Muff (Triangle Version); Red Llama; Green Ringer Octave Up (Clones); Maxon Phaser; Maxon Compressor; Tremulus Lune Tremolo; Line 6 POD II

Amp: (Somewhere in another country) Hiwatt 100W head, Marshall 4x12 cab

My noise here

Post Thanks / Like

"When I play, I express my feelings very fast." -Yomo Toro

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Today's listening was

To this day I can not look at that Judas Priest cover.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suhnton
    It's strange, that album seems to get mediocre reviews because it sounds too "poppy". That's my fav Priest album too (probably followed by Killing Machine, which I think was rebadged as "Hell Bent For Leather" for the US market).
    Hmm. The only song that screams "poppy" is "United" to me which sounds tough in the verses but the chorus is lamentable. "Hell Bent for Leather" is a good one too, although I lean towards "Defenders of the Faith" otherwise. "The Sentinel" is one of my favorite Priest songs. It makes me want to break things.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I paid a visit to Amazon last night Just getting a chance to listen to the full thing now. The big thing I've noticed thus far is that while the songs themselves don't sound like Van Halen, Sammy Hagar singing with Michael Anthony certainly does bring back memories of that. The solo work sounds like Satch, absolutely nothing like Eddie. I'm enjoying it thus far.

Post Thanks / Like

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Today for me it's:

Tab Benoit & Jimmy Thackery - Whiskey Store

Keb' Mo' - Keb' Mo'

Robben Ford & The Blue Line - Mystic Mile

Jimi Hendrix - Blues

Buddy Guy - Damn Right I Got The Blues

I load my 5-disc CD player w my programming for each day.

I simply abhor downloads and MP3s and all that stuff! Running CD stores, and the "holdit in your hand" CD experience out of business! Browsing CD stores, and, before that, vinyl LPs, was all a HUGE part of the music buying experience...the fun, the enjoyment! Aw, shucks! :
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

Page 3 of 120 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast