Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The Now Playing Thread - Page 42
Page 42 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: The Now Playing Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Taking a cue from R_of_G and diggin' in a bit.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tio Kimo

Taking a cue from R_of_G and diggin' in a bit.
    An excellent choice.

Definitely a project which presents Ribot in a rock capacity. If you like that side of Marc's playing, I encourage you to check out the album he did with the Lucien Dubuis Trio.

Observe for instance...

Unsurprisingly, I am listening to Ribot as well today. His Coltrane project band.

NP:

Marc Ribot's Sun Ship
    Live 8.30.2009
    Wllisau Switzerland

Marc Ribot - guitar
    Mary Halvorson - guitar
    Jason Ajemian - upright bass
    Chad Taylor - drums
    Last edited by R_of_G; January 13th, 2011 at 11:10 AM.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

"I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Social Distortion - Hard Times and Nursery Rhymes

Occasionally less edge-y than the older albums, but more mature and soulful.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thankfully not another tribute album with boring performances. Quite the opposite. I'm blown away how great this album is, but looking at the names, is it any wonder?
    Freeway Jam - Feat. Steve Morse
    Over Under Sideways Down - Feat. John Scofield
    Beck's Bolero - Feat. Eric Johnson
    Led Boots - Feat. Adam Rogers
    El Becko - Feat. Jeff Richman
    Diamond Dust - Feat. Mike Stern
    The Pump - Feat. Warren Haynes
    Behind The Veil - Feat. Chris Duarte
    Blue Wind - Feat. Greg Howe
    Brush With The Blues - Feat. Walter Trout
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I never told you - Colby Cailet

“Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It’s the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use.” Stevie Ray Vaughan

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G

right on. that's some edgy stuff. Cline is a blast to watch.

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not as musically sophisticated as you guys, but I picked this up on vinyl the other day and have been enjoying it:

- Robert

Guitars: 1977 Gibson S1, Fender 50's Classic Player Edition Stratocaster (MIM), Fender American Deluxe HSS Stratocaster, Lonestar Tele, Yamaha FrankenGuitar (you could call it 'modded' but it just looks broken), Agile AL-3000M Thru-Neck, Agile Valkyrie 24, Peavey T-25, Xaviere XV-550, Xaviere XV-500

Amps: R-50H Reverberocket, Vintage Modern 2266, Twin Reverb, Blues Junior, YCV-40, Hot Rod Deville, Bassman Ten, Valve Junior, Lectrolab R700C, VS65R, Powerblock, GX212R, A small army of vintage Harmony's and similar amps

Pedals: Too many to list - 90% of them of my own making.

Visit me on the webz: pedalbuilder.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pedalbuilder
    I'm not as musically sophisticated as you guys...
    Screw sophistication. You like what you like.

NP:

Post Thanks / Like

If you love Nels, and you love an actual guitar composition....song written for 3 guitars with a KILLER solo...more mainstream than his other projects. This is where I got to know him.

Post Thanks / Like

Though I do love Cline, Wilco has never really been my thing. Not that his playing is any less awesome than ever.

I actually prefer his more "outside" playing, having first heard of Cline through his work with former Minutemen bass player Mike Watt in their band Banyan (which also included drummer Stephen Perkins of Jane's Addiction).

Post Thanks / Like

Listening to one of own Kentucky songwriters and the Jompson Brothers
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO_4IQad5b4

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G
    I actually prefer his more "outside" playing, having first heard of Cline through his work with former Minutemen bass player Mike Watt in their band Banyan (which also included drummer Stephen Perkins of Jane's Addiction).
    Damn, that's fantastic. Thanks for the clip.

- Robert

Guitars: 1977 Gibson S1, Fender 50's Classic Player Edition Stratocaster (MIM), Fender American Deluxe HSS Stratocaster, Lonestar Tele, Yamaha FrankenGuitar (you could call it 'modded' but it just looks broken), Agile AL-3000M Thru-Neck, Agile Valkyrie 24, Peavey T-25, Xaviere XV-550, Xaviere XV-500

Amps: R-50H Reverberocket, Vintage Modern 2266, Twin Reverb, Blues Junior, YCV-40, Hot Rod Deville, Bassman Ten, Valve Junior, Lectrolab R700C, VS65R, Powerblock, GX212R, A small army of vintage Harmony's and similar amps

Pedals: Too many to list - 90% of them of my own making.

Visit me on the webz: pedalbuilder.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pedalbuilder
    Damn, that's fantastic. Thanks for the clip.
    Glad you enjoyed it.

NP:

Page 42 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast