Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The Now Playing Thread - Page 60
Page 60 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast
Results 1,122 to 1,140 of 2279

Thread: The Now Playing Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    You have to love Neil's country sound to like this collection of live recordings from his '84-'85 tour with The International Harvesters.
    His voice was still strong, and the music sounds pretty good.
    Love "Country Neil." Will have to pick up a copy of that one.

NP:

First listen (thanks Tung)

"I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

My current obsession.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post

What did you think?

One of Chris Knight's strong points is he consistently delivers great albums.

I have "Harlem River Blues" a spin yesterday, great album. I got it through my library, but I'm definitely going to buy it. JTE is a lot less "redneck" than his dad. Definitely not a copy and has his own thing going.
    I was just a regular guy. My only super power was being invisible to girls.
    - Dave Lizewski, Kick-A$$

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tunghaichuan View Post
    What did you think?

One of Chris Knight's strong points is he consistently delivers great albums.
    I liked it quite a bit. I only really got to listen to it at work so I couldn't give it as much attention as I'd have liked but I liked his sound and loved his voice. Looking forward to spending some more time with it this weekend so I can pay a little more attention to the lyrics.

I definitely see myself getting more of his stuff.

Thanks for recommending him.

I have "Harlem River Blues" a spin yesterday, great album. I got it through my library, but I'm definitely going to buy it. JTE is a lot less "redneck" than his dad. Definitely not a copy and has his own thing going.
    Like I said to Tig earlier, Justin's voice is a lot more commanding than Steve's. I've come to love Steve's voice because I appreciate the authenticity of the songwriter singing his own songs but it was definitely an acquired taste. Justin's voice, on the other hand, was an easy acquisition.

I appreciate that instead of being Julian Lennon or Jason Bonham he's trying to carve out his own sound instead of just taking the "you like my dad so you'll like me" approach. His songs bear little resemblance to his father's and that's a good strategy for him to take. He clearly knows how to arrange songs in a very appealing way and frankly, nobody can do the Steve Earle thing like Steve Earle so why try that route?

Post Thanks / Like

I liked it quite a bit. I only really got to listen to it at work so I couldn't give it as much attention as I'd have liked but I liked his sound and loved his voice. Looking forward to spending some more time with it this weekend so I can pay a little more attention to the lyrics.

I definitely see myself getting more of his stuff.
    FWIW, Chris Knight, Jealous Kind, Pretty Good Guy, Enough Rope and Heart of Stone are the "rockin' country" type. The Trailer Tapes and Trailer II have stripped down acoustic versions of songs from the aforementioned first five albums, which are great in their own right. The Trailer albums are stunning in their starkness.

Post Thanks / Like

FWIW, Chris Knight, Jealous Kind, Pretty Good Guy, Enough Rope and Heart of Stone are the "rockin' country" type. The Trailer Tapes and Trailer II have stripped down acoustic versions of songs from the aforementioned first five albums, which are great in their own right. The Trailer albums are stunning in their starkness.
    Thanks for the info. Think I'll check out a sampling of both styles.

Post Thanks / Like

First listen and not at all surprised to find that I love it.

Post Thanks / Like

Stuck at work with a pounding headache.
    A little Miles always helps get me through that.

NP:

Post Thanks / Like

First listen and not at all surprised to find that I love it.
    He was at my school a couple weeks back, performing this live. What a fantastic guy, fantastic music. And always evolving...Drive by Truckers collaboration a few years ago, now this....a Gift.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tio Kimo View Post
    He was at my school a couple weeks back, performing this live. What a fantastic guy, fantastic music. And always evolving...Drive by Truckers collaboration a few years ago, now this....a Gift.
    I listened to the 30 second samples on Amazon and got a good feeling. Sharon Jones on "Representing Memphis" was the first song I sampled. Looks like I'll have to get it.
    (thx R_of_G)

Post Thanks / Like

Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Birthday to Robbie Robertson.

Though my potential band-mate neighbors may not know who he is, he remains a tremendous influence on my guitar playing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Jimmie Vaughan-Plays Blues, Ballads & Favorites
    This is a huge improvement over Jimmie's past albums.

Post Thanks / Like

Bob Dylan & The Band
    Jan 14, 1974
    @ Boston, MA

Post Thanks / Like

Today is the birthday of his holiness the Dalai Lama.

In his honor...

Post Thanks / Like

New one from Gillian Welch & David Rawlings:

Last edited by tunghaichuan; July 6th, 2011 at 07:25 PM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like