Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The Now Playing Thread - Page 67
Page 67 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast
Results 1,255 to 1,273 of 2279

Thread: The Now Playing Thread

Post Thanks / Like

"I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Ok so I can admit it, I really missed the boat on these guys.

Honestly, I can't even recall what it was I didn't like about them when I first listened however many years ago that was and I really never gave them a fair shake after that.

I read enough reviews of this new album to decide it was time to give them another listen. I can't thank myself enough for that. I will be obsessed with this album for some time to come and will likely revisit their past catalog with new ears as well.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

I think you'll enjoy it R_of_G. I've not heard the new one yet, and honestly wasn't grabbed by what I did hear....been too busy to delve. I will, soon enough.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Ok so I can admit it, I really missed the boat on these guys.
    I'm in the same boat. I'm enjoying their music tremendously!

Edit: Wait until you hear "You Never Know" from Wilco The Album. You'll think George Harrison was reincarnated for one song!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Chris Cain - Hall of Shame
    How did I not hear of this guy until now? Incredible blues and jazz guitarist. Deep, soulful singing and playing.
    Robert, you might like this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Edit: Wait until you hear "You Never Know" from Wilco The Album. You'll think George Harrison was reincarnated for one song!
    Well that sounds promising. Will have to make sure that one's in today's rotation.

NP:

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Wait until you hear "You Never Know" from Wilco The Album. You'll think George Harrison was reincarnated for one song!
    You couldn't have been more on the money with that description. Remove the vocals and you'd swear it was an instrumental track of a Harrison song you'd never heard before. Not to say the vocals are bad, I like them a lot too but that's really the only reminder that it's not actually George.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Pass the Jar: Zac Brown Band and Friends Live From the Fabulous Fox Theatre in Atlanta

Pink Floyd - The Dark Side Of The Moon - Experience Version (remastered)
    A nice, clean remaster. I haven't owned this since I had the original vinyl. The 2nd disk has a decent live version.

Post Thanks / Like

First listen...

Having one of the live shows where Frisell did the Lennon material with many of these musicians I had high hopes for a studio take on the same songs. Frisell came through with a beautiful album that any Beatles fan should hear.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    First listen...
    Having one of the live shows where Frisell did the Lennon material with many of these musicians I had high hopes for a studio take on the same songs. Frisell came through with a beautiful album that any Beatles fan should hear.
    Cool!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Johnny Winter - Roots
    The best album from him in a long time!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Townes Van Zandt - Live at the Old Quarter, Houston,TX (1977)

The Vaccines - What Did You Expect From the Vaccines

Moreland & Arbuckle - Just a Dream
    This is a unique sound. Take some southern rock, throw in some delta blues, a bit of alt country, and a mixture of a cigar box 4-string slide guitar and harmonica.

Lyle Lovett - Joshua Judges Ruth

Post Thanks / Like

Townes Van Zandt - Live at the Old Quarter, Houston,TX (1977)
    My most listened to Townes album. Much as I love TVZ's songs, I find most of his studio albums to be either overproduced or not arranged in the best way to suit the song. I feel most comfortable with Townes performing solo.

I think you'll enjoy this cover of a tune from that Old Quarter album...

Post Thanks / Like

Wilco
    Sky Blue Sky

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Free preview stream of entire album made available today through his fanclub.
    I expected it'd be a great album.
    I expected it'd be my favorite album of 2011.
    Once again Mr. Waits has exceeded even my lofty expectations for him.
    His voice sounds better than ever, and yes, I am big fan of his singing.
    The lyrics are the kind of lyrics only Waits can write.
    As for instrumentation, 13 tracks, 12 with Ribot on guitar. Other guitarists of note on the album include Keith Richards, David Hidalgo and Will Bernard.
    I suspect that when I get my actual copy next week it may be the only thing I listen to for months.