Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The Now Playing Thread - Page 73
Page 73 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
Results 1,369 to 1,387 of 2279

Thread: The Now Playing Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

"I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

"I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw View Post
    I DL'ed this because it was Joe Strummer's first recorded group. I'm diggin' it!
    Thx for the heads up.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cash Box Kings - The Royal Treatment
    Wow, we're talking real blues here!

Tab Benoit - Medicine

Animals as Leaders - Weightless
    Like nothing else I've ever listened to. It might take a few listens to completely get it, as it is a complex mix of jazz/math metal rhythms and modern jazz/metal guitar, plus more.

Tommy Emmanuel - Live One
    Wow! Master finger style. This reminds me that my finger picking is just noise.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The Aristocrats - The Aristocrats
    Wow, this is certainly a guitar and bass player's album! The drumming cannot be overlooked, either. Guthrie is not only the brightest new talent, but has a great sense of composition. He sure is not just another shredder. Quite a range of modern jazz mixed with newer tones and styles.

So, you have all this incredible talent, yet they have somehow managed to put out an album that is more than just highly skilled musicians strutting their stuff. It is very entertaining music, period.

Post Thanks / Like

have not had time to be online, not an entirely bad thing, but I miss you boys, and this thread in particular.
    In keeping with the New Year, and a back to basics bent that I'm on generally, and my recent efforts at learning travis picking, I found my way to this.

Just try not to smile.

Cheers Gents.

"It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Good to see you posting again TK.

Love the Doc Watson!

Been doing quite a bit of back to basics acoustic playing myself.

On that note...

NP:

Post Thanks / Like

home with a cold on New Years Eve, cleaning up stacks of old CDs and came across this oldie. Coincidentally, my goods freinds in the NH Band "Truffle" opened for them on New Years Eve at Radio City Music Hall, a nationally broadcast gig, during their (my friends) 15 minutes of fame. Anyway, fun album. Nothing earth shattering, but brings a grin from years past. Good Les Paul tones throughout.

"It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wings - Band On The Run

Haken - Visions

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Man oh man!

(BTW - I just made this thread a sticky. There is a lot of good music here to check out)

Page 73 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast