Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The Now Playing Thread - Page 74
Page 74 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
Results 1,388 to 1,406 of 2279

Thread: The Now Playing Thread

Post Thanks / Like

"I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

"I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

"It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tio Kimo View Post
    Just finished an all day cleaning of my house for a party later tonight. Ready to have my first cocktail of the evening and needed something to listen to while I finally had a minute to sit and chill out. This Townes album is the perfect choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Meddler, August Burns Red is playing right next door in the music room. Blasting.
    Favorite band. I'm actually going to see them here in Atlanta on the Nineteenth, and then Sent By Ravens on the 21st.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by r_of_g View Post
    just finished an all day cleaning of my house for a party later tonight. Ready to have my first cocktail of the evening and needed something to listen to while i finally had a minute to sit and chill out. This townes album is the perfect choice.
    glad to contribute...

late to the party on TVZ, "To Live's to Fly" is absolutely a hauntingly beautiful song. Kasey's cover got me working on it.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Junior Kimbrough - Sad Days, Lonely Nights
    Dan Auerbach mentioned Junior Kimbrough was a major influence, so I had to find out what trance blues was. Kinda' cool if you're in the right mood for it.

Pete Thorn - Guitar Nerd

Last edited by Tig; January 10th, 2012 at 08:52 PM. Reason: typo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Junior Kimbrough - Sad Days, Lonely Nights
    Dan Auerbach mentioned Junior Kimbrough was a major influence, so I had to find out what trace blues was. Kinda' cool if you're in the right mood for it.
    If you don't already have the Black Keys' Chulahoma album, I highly recommend it to you. The album is entirely Kimbrough covers. This one is particularly good...

After I became obsessed with that album, I picked up some of Kimbrough's albums. Some very cool stuff in there and an unmistakable influence on Auerbach's style.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The Little Willies - The Little Willies

This is their first album that featured covers of tracks by Fred Rose (Roly Poly), Hank Williams (I'll Never Get Out of This World Alive), Willie Nelson (Gotta Get Drunk and Nightlife), and Townes Van Zandt (No Place to Fall). While I'm not a big Norah Jones fan, country music suits her pretty well here. The guitar is excellent. A fun and enjoyable album. I may need to get the new one.

Pearl Jam - Live at Benaroya Hall
    A mostly acoustic set, the best songs are some of the lesser known, subtle ones that show the depth of their song writing skills, which are much better than I expected.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    The Little Willies - The Little Willies

This is their first album that featured covers of tracks by Fred Rose (Roly Poly), Hank Williams (I'll Never Get Out of This World Alive), Willie Nelson (Gotta Get Drunk and Nightlife), and Townes Van Zandt (No Place to Fall). While I'm not a big Norah Jones fan, country music suits her pretty well here. The guitar is excellent. A fun and enjoyable album. I may need to get the new one.
    I've also found that I enjoy her more in a country capacity than as a jazz singer, which is not unusual because I usually do enjoy instrumental to vocal jazz. However, she does have a good voice for country as well and she surrounds herself with very good musicians so the project is an enjoyable one. The Little Willies' album isn't a frequent listen, but I do enjoy it when I do listen.

NP:

Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy MLK Day

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Presto Ballet - Peace Among The Ruins

Presto Ballet - Invisible Places

-and now for something completely different-

Brad Paisley - This Is Country Music
    (since I'll be seeing him in March)

Post Thanks / Like

This was one of my favorites from last year. The band is currently in the studio recording the follow-up which is being produced by Jason Isbell.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Minnesota Public Radio, working music while I do briefing. Ok, back off break. Back to writing.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw View Post

Minnesota Public Radio, working music while I do briefing. Ok, back off break. Back to writing.
    That brings back memories of working the board for many a pledge-drive broadcast when I worked for an NPR station.

Post Thanks / Like

Trying to learn to play "Sinkhole" among a few other things from this album.

Post Thanks / Like

Found out yesterday that the Budos Band is playing in Ft. Lauderdale in April. Looks like I will finally have a chance to see them play. I've waited far too long for this.

Page 74 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast