Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The Now Playing Thread - Page 78
Page 78 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
Results 1,464 to 1,482 of 2279

Thread: The Now Playing Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Pete Anderson - Dogs in Heaven

Lyle Lovett - Pontiac

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Lyle Lovett - Pontiac
    Good choice. Probably my favorite of Lovett's albums.

NP:

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Good choice. Probably my favorite of Lovett's albums.

NP:

I just got it, and likes it quite a bit already. Next will be The Road to Ensenada.

I remember the '78 Stones tour, but didn't see it. My loss!

Post Thanks / Like

I just got it, and likes it quite a bit already. Next will be The Road to Ensenada.
    Another excellent album. The Live in Texas album is also fantastic, plus it's Texas.

I remember the '78 Stones tour, but didn't see it. My loss!
    This is the first live stuff I've heard from that tour. It's quite good. I picked up a bunch of live Stones over the last few days and am working my way through it.

NP:

Was playing along to this a few minutes ago. I think it showed me yet again I should have been a horn player instead of a guitarist. I couldn't quite pick up the rather simple guitar parts, though I did correctly figure out the underlying chords. However, I was able to figure out the entirety of the sax player's input the second time through. I've always been good with melody. Rhythm and harmony not so much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
    Quite an interesting mix with a few really good songs. It needs a few more listens. The extra tracks have a great live version of "Wrecking Ball". "Rocky Ground" can be ignored.

Post Thanks / Like

Taking a little trip in the wayback machine for this one.

Post Thanks / Like

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Today's playlist brought to you by the fact that I'm going to my favorite Ethiopian restaurant for dinner tonight.

NP:

Post Thanks / Like

Mississippi blues, the late R.L. Burnside

I am listening to the Wish I Was in Heaven Sitting Down album from 2000.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Carolina Chocolate Drops - Heritage

Post Thanks / Like

Carolina Chocolate Drops - Heritage
    Just read about this over at No Depression and thought it sounded like something worth checking out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Just read about this over at No Depression and thought it sounded like something worth checking out.
    I have their new album, Leaving Eden, on order. I'm really enjoying their old time county blues-bluegrass sound. They pull off the authenticity well, and her voice is great. I'm sure you'll like most of their songs as well.

Its funny how my tastes have shifted back and forth over the years. I liked bluegrass-country mix some while growing up, including a cajun singer/fiddler named Doug Kershaw. I'm appreciating various American roots styles much more these days.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

First listen. The previous album was like musical crack.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Chris Isaak - Heart Shaped World

Pink Floyd - The Wall (Immersion Box Set)

Post Thanks / Like

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Page 78 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast