Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The Now Playing Thread - Page 7
Page 7 of 120 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: The Now Playing Thread

pes_laul Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Suhnton
    You're a bit young for the babymakin' music aren't ya? :
    I enjoy my jazz sometimes.

Hey if anyone can find this song on the internet please post it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tunghaichuan
    I've heard of her, but never heard any of her music. What's a good one to start with?

tung
    I particularly like "Furnace Room Lullaby." It's a pretty good intro to her. The most recent album "Middle Cyclone" is fantastic as well, but it's probably better if you're a little more familiar with her.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pes_laul
    Boney James - Boneyizm

if you haven't heard it, listen to it right now.:
    I had not listened to that before. Reminds me a little of John Klemmer - Touch. Check that one out Kris. Best make out music ever recorded, at least based on my research.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pes_laul
    I enjoy my jazz sometimes.

Hey if anyone can find this song on the internet please post it.
    I could not find that song, but plugged Boney James into Pandora, and it played a song off of Send One Your Love, by him.

EDIT: I just found a short clip of Boneyizm on iTunes. It sounds a little less like Klemmer, at least based on the clip, but still in the same ball park. I may pick some of this stuff up. I enjoy my jazz and actually really got into fusion in high school and college. Didn't hurt me a bit!

I am going to listen to some of Mr. James today, and also this:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=105322899

Brubeck, Take Five - 50 Years Strong.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G
    I particularly like "Furnace Room Lullaby." It's a pretty good intro to her. The most recent album "Middle Cyclone" is fantastic as well, but it's probably better if you're a little more familiar with her.
    Thanks!

tung

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Elvis Costello - King of America

Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Another great album with Mr. Frisell, this time teamed up with the always amazing Matt Chamberlain on drums.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

THE tone ........

My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

The Very Best of Moby Grape - Vintage

I have all two of their albums on vinyl from the 60s. This was released in 1993. A two-disc CD set including both studio albums, plus a bunch of demos and live cuts...

Sadly overlooked, and imploding from drugs and mental illness early on, this is one of the BEST bands I bet most of you have never heard of. Three guitar players (acoustic and electric) w that rockin' San Fran sound, rounded out w alot of prescient alt-country leanings, superb guitar duels, and melt like butter harmonies. Catch 'em if you can, on CD, MP3...any medium. Highly recommended! :

_______

Just went to youtube, and I'll be darned if there aren't some Moby Grape vids (some audio only) on there! Here's a great blues tune. The Grape doing Miller's Blues:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAUGyED5vH0

A great tongue-in-cheek one minute ballad, "Naked if I Want To"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b8utHBk3aQ

One of my all-time favorite songs by anyone. I give you "8:05" :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioKodbNTljg

and, if you haven't given up yet, a three-fer! "Omaha", "Hey Grandma", "Changes" :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qnf8drkjQGY

Hope you enjoyed it!
    Last edited by bigG; June 16th, 2009 at 09:21 AM. Reason: add vids
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

Post Thanks / Like

I added some youtube links to Moby Grape on my original post (just above). Check 'em out! G
    bigG

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Cherry Mahogany, Peavey HP Signature EXP, Epi Sheraton II, Fender Standard Fat Strat, original 1982 Made in the USA Fender Bullet (w original HSC)/ 2005 Martin HD-7 Roger McGuinn Signature Edition (#102 of 250), Martin M-36 (0000), Martin OM-21, Martin 000-15M, Hohner EL-SP Plus Parlor acoustic

Amps: Swart Space Tone 6V6se, Swart Night Light Power Attenuator/compressor/stereo line-out, Peavey Windsor Studio, Vox AD50VT, Fender Super Champ XD, Vox DA15, Marshall MG10KK, '83 Peavey Bandit 65

Pedals: Cry Baby 535q wah, Bad Monkey OD, Boss DS-1, Sabine FuzzStortion, HardWire RV-7 Reverb

www.swartamps.com
    www.ericjosephelectricguitars.com

Carpe diem, brother, cause you don't know how many diems you have left to carpe.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the Grape. Fantastic first album. So much talent, great songwriting, harmonies, 3 guitars. Everything from bluesy to country to folk to rock.

I agree -- the best 60's band you've never heard of!
    Guitars: Jimmie Vaughan Strat, 2001 Affinity Squier Strat with 70's Japanese pickups, Affinity Squier Tele
    Amps: Fender Pro Junior w/ Ragin' Cajun speaker, Peavey Delta Blues 115
    Pedals: Ibanez TS9DX w/ Humphrey mod, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Dano PB&J Delay, Arion Tubulator w/Indyguitarist mod, Boss CS-3, Dano Fish and Chips EQ, Boss CH-1, Dano TunaMelt Tremolo, Boss RV-3, Boss DS-1
    Strings: Darco 10's

Post Thanks / Like

Today's playlist:

tung

Post Thanks / Like

http://soundcloud.com/tarasque

Guitars: Encore Strat, No-Name Les Paul copy, Cort Acoustic, Vintage VRS100AW, Schecter Tempest Custom, Cort VX-4V, Dean Inferno V.

Amphs: Ashdown Fallen Angel FA 60 DSP, Harley-Benton GA5.

Pedals: Zoom G2.1U, Digitech Screamin' Blues, Electro-Harmonix Stereo Electric Mistress, Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

"Atomic Batteries to Power" by Vangard (sic), some guys my band used to gig with:

Plus the last.fm channel of one feller called Stinky Turner:

http://www.last.fm/user/Stinky%20Turner

Heard some Rabble, Cobra Skulls, Automatics, looking forward to some Ben Weasel.

:

Post Thanks / Like

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Lucky Peterson/Beyond Cool Sumi D
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

I've settled in on SRV and been working some licks (with my mod).

I also possibly figured out why there are days certain guitars sound better than others (comparing ones you own). I think it has something to do with the music you listened to that day. I have been listening to SRV in the car and then dissecting it once I get home - can't put the Strat down to play another guitar.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

I saw these guys a couple of weeks ago opening for Nine Inch Nails and Jane's Addiction, and good lord almighty what a set. The album has been in heavy rotation on my morning commute.
    "When I play, I express my feelings very fast." -Yomo Toro

Page 7 of 120 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast