Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The Now Playing Thread - Page 81
Page 81 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,539 of 2279

Thread: The Now Playing Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Alabama Shakes Podcast from GC:
    http://gc.guitarcenter.com/podcast/
    It is episode 22. You can listen directly clicking "LISTEN" instead of iTunes or Zune.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wayne Shorter - Juju

The Black Watch - The Hypnotizing Sea

Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Wayne Shorter - Juju
    Shorter's one of my heroes, but I'm guessing you already knew that from my Miles' obsession.

This one with Herbie is one of my favorites...

NP:

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Shorter's one of my heroes, but I'm guessing you already knew that from my Miles' obsession.

This one with Herbie is one of my favorites...

NP:

^ That should be a good one.
    I need to also get Speak No Evil in my collection. I somehow missed Wayne Shorter's work in the past.

Post Thanks / Like

^^ I suspect you'll enjoy that one as well.

Wayne Shorter is a vastly overlooked song writer. Many of the great songs from that second 60s Miles quintet were Shorter's compositions. "Nefertiti," "Masqualero," and "Prince of Darkness" in particular are amongst my favorite recordings by that band.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Steve Earle - El Corazón

Post Thanks / Like

Steve Earle - El Corazón
    Easily one of my favorite Steve Earle albums. One that works well as a whole, or in its component parts. The artwork is also amongst my favorites of his (or anyone's) second only to the art for his Townes album.

NP:

Post Thanks / Like

Booker T. & the MGs
    McLemore Avenue
    Stax, 1970

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Herbie Hancock - Maiden Voyage

Herbie Hancock - Empyrean Isles

I haven't listened to these albums in decades, back when my Dad used to play them. My loss, but I'll make up for it now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Joe Walsh - The Smoker You Drink, The Player You Get

Joe Walsh - You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind

Lyle Lovett - Step Inside This House

Willie Nelson & Asleep At The Wheel - Willie and the Wheel

Post Thanks / Like

Michael Toles gives a clinic in funk guitar on this one.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Bought myself an Easter present.

NP:

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Bought myself an Easter present.

NP:

I saw that it came out last week and listened to just the 30 second samples. They didn't reveal much so I can't count on them.
    Let us know how this album sounds once you get a few listens.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw that it came out last week and listened to just the 30 second samples. They didn't reveal much so I can't count on them.
    Let us know how this album sounds once you get a few listens.
    So far I'm enjoying it.

The production values are very good. Several of the arrangements are fuller, like some of the better songs on Harlem River Blues. I particularly like the way horns are employed on a couple of these tunes. His voice sounds great, but that's of little surprise as his is among my favorite singing voices.

Basically, if you've enjoyed his previous albums, you'll like this one as well. There are no surprises. JTE knows what he does well and he pretty much stays with it.

Page 81 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast