Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The Now Playing Thread - Page 83
Page 83 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
Results 1,559 to 1,577 of 2279

Thread: The Now Playing Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Treme: Music From The HBO Original Series

Dr. John - Locked Down
    -Hit and miss with this album.

Howlin' Wolf - Live In Cambridge, MA 1966

Post Thanks / Like

You been raiding my record collection Tig?

NP:

Rick Danko & Levon Helm
    Starry Night Club - Portland, OR
    January 23, 1983

Post Thanks / Like

Elliot BROOD
    +
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    You been raiding my record collection Tig?
    Almost! Some I've run across on my own, others, I owe to you. The path of music is a wonderful journey.

The Band - The Band

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Almost! Some I've run across on my own, others, I owe to you. The path of music is a wonderful journey.
    It is indeed, and there's much music I've discovered for myself through your posts as well so thanks for that.

NP:

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Gary Clark, Jr. - Bright Lights EP
    (was delivered this weekend) Wow, this guy brings it!

Alison Krauss & Union Station - Live

Rush - Counterparts

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Kasey Anderson and The Honkies - Let the Bloody Moon Rise FINAL MIXES
    Downloaded as part of the "Honkies Donations" contributors.

EDIT: Got one full listen in and really liked most of the songs. More rotations coming...

Post Thanks / Like

Whee!

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Warren Haynes Band - Live At The Moody Theater
    This was recorded a few days after I saw him here, and it sounds just like I remember. Well produced live album. Excellent band, especially the horns.

Post Thanks / Like

I may wind up liking this one better than Heart of a Dog, which you know I love. I particularly like the new arrangement for "Don't Look Back" and the slightly re-worked "Some Depression." The new songs are mostly really good as well and the playing is superb. Andrew McKeag should be a much more well-known guitarist than he is.

Also, Gary Clark Jr. is the man.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Warren Haynes Band - Live At The Moody Theater
    This was recorded a few days after I saw him here, and it sounds just like I remember. Well produced live album. Excellent band, especially the horns.

that album shows him with his 335. Was that his primary guitar when you saw him? I saw Mule years ago, have seen him with Trucks, Saw him solo at little venue here in chicago over a year ago....but the Mulennium album has me somehow reawakening to him, not only his guitar chops but his ability to sing these tunes over and over. This guy is the definition of "journeyman" in my book.

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    I may wind up liking this one better than Heart of a Dog, which you know I love. I particularly like the new arrangement for "Don't Look Back" and the slightly re-worked "Some Depression." The new songs are mostly really good as well and the playing is superb. Andrew McKeag should be a much more well-known guitarist than he is.

Also, Gary Clark Jr. is the man.
    that's saying something..I'll have to grab it. +1 on GCJr

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tio Kimo View Post
    that album shows him with his 335. Was that his primary guitar when you saw him? I saw Mule years ago, have seen him with Trucks, Saw him solo at little venue here in chicago over a year ago....but the Mulennium album has me somehow reawakening to him, not only his guitar chops but his ability to sing these tunes over and over. This guy is the definition of "journeyman" in my book.
    Yes, he played a natural flamed ES-335 with the old red '61 ES-335 as a backup, into a PRS Dallas head/2x12 cab and a Ceasar Diaz CD-100 prototype amp to a second PRS 2x12 cab.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice! Lots of Crunch? Or was he going for something different?

That '61 has original PAF's in it. it was seeing him live, playing that, completely solo act, that convinced me I had to have a killer semi. Funny, try as I might, I don't sound a thing like him....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    Isn't this the guy from Tears for Fears? , I once bumped into him in Bath (England)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by guitartango View Post
    Isn't this the guy from Tears for Fears? , I once bumped into him in Bath (England)
    Yes, it's him. Fantastic songwriter for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tio Kimo View Post
    that's saying something..I'll have to grab it. +1 on GCJr
    It may not match the impact Heart of a Dog had on me being the first of Kasey's work that I listened to which began my whole obsession, but the songs are just as solid and the playing seems even better as this is now the second album with this full band. The arrangements really allow a listener to hear just how good Andrew McKeag (lead guitar) and Ty Baile (piano/keys) really are. Between that and Kasey really starting to come into his own as a songwriter, this will be another album that will have staying power in my regular rotation.

Evidence of that would be that I'd been listening repeatedly to the released "rough mixes" and now repeatedly to the "final mixes" because June still seems a long way away to hear the mastered version. Not a lot of artists are willing to let people hear that stuff before the album comes out, if at all, but that's one of the things that makes Kasey Anderson so damn cool.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Howlin' Wolf - The Real Folk Blues

The Cult - Ceremony

Page 83 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast