Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The Now Playing Thread - Page 101
Page 101 of 120 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,919 of 2279

Thread: The Now Playing Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

New acquisitions...

Punch Brothers - Punch
    Take a guitar, violin, banjo, mandolin & bass bluegrass/Americana/roots combo with classical level musicinaship, add a big dose of Bella Flack, then write, arrange and play complex yet somehow simple music.

Delta Spirit - Ode To Sunshine

Gaslight Anthem - The '59 Sound

Miles Davis - Water Babies
    (I really like this era Miles!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Bubble Puppy - A Gathering Of Promises (1969)
    Psychedelic rock/prog that somehow still works if you're into it. The guitar work is excellent.

Deftones - Koi No Yokan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Kasey Chambers & Shane Nicholson - Rattlin' Bones

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Kasey Chambers & Shane Nicholson - Rattlin' Bones
    Nice! A little Aussie action there. I met Kasey once at a festival. Super lovely person.

Post Thanks / Like

Dwelled on this for the first time in years during last nights commute (I'm an urban rail commuter...allowing for uninterupted listening at volume ) What a great guitar album.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Kasey Chambers & Shane Nicholson - Wreck and Ruin
    I liked the other album enough to get this recent one today.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tio Kimo View Post
    Dwelled on this for the first time in years during last nights commute (I'm an urban rail commuter...allowing for uninterupted listening at volume ) What a great guitar album.
    Great guitar work from all three guitarists on that one. Those songs only get better with age.

New acquisitions...

Delta Spirit - Ode To Sunshine

Gaslight Anthem - The '59 Sound
    Two excellent albums to start with from bands I really enjoy. Both put out albums in 2012 that are among my favorites of the year.

Miles Davis - Water Babies
    (I really like this era Miles!)
    Nobody ever wants to have the "best band ever" discussion with me anymore because I refuse to acknowledge that this isn't it. There are "All Star" bands that aren't as stellar as Miles' second 60s quintet. You would probably enjoy a good deal of Wayne Shorter's post-Miles work as well.

NP:

Watching this episode of The Muppet Show with my daughter who has recently become obsessed with Paul Simon because of this.

Post Thanks / Like

Was messing around with the chords for "MacGillycuddy's Reeks."
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I was inspired and listened to is Thursday night. Thanks!
    I never really listened to it for some unknown reason. That changes now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post

Was messing around with the chords for "MacGillycuddy's Reeks."
    +1

Haven't listened to Warren in a bit. I can fix that right now.

NP:

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Playing this weekend, all new to my collection:

Stan Getz, Kenny Barron - People Time
    (recorded live, just months before Stan's death)

Bill Evans Trio Featuring Stan Getz - But Beautiful

Verve Jazz Masters 25: Stan Getz & Dizzy Gillespie

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit - Live From Alabama
    (available today!)

Stan Getz - Captain Marvel
    I grew up on this album from my Dad's collection.

Delta Spirit - History From Below

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    +1

Haven't listened to Warren in a bit. I can fix that right now.
    Some classic tunes there. If someone wanted to get into him, I'd suggest the obvious: "Warren Zevon" and "Excitable Boy" first. After that, I'd have to go with "My Ride's Here." I love that album.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Bill with a Semi!!! 30 minute video.

never seen this before, just stumbled upon it

"It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    Some classic tunes there. If someone wanted to get into him, I'd suggest the obvious: "Warren Zevon" and "Excitable Boy" first. After that, I'd have to go with "My Ride's Here." I love that album.
    Absolutely!

NP:

Well, not quite now playing, but about an hour ago on my return plane trip I was listening to this. It seemed appropriate.

Post Thanks / Like

Bill with a Semi!!! 30 minute video.

never seen this before, just stumbled upon it

Very nice!

Frisell and Chamberlain make a fantastic combination, as evidenced by the two Floratone albums.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The United States of Americana show, from The Current, 89.3 and Minnesota Public Radio. I normally listen to jazz on Sunday morning. Thought I would change it up with some Americana based on a rec from a friend for this program. Pretty good so far.

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/col...ited-states-o/

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/col...blog/woody.jpg

Playlist for todays re-broadcast, kind of a tribute to Woody Guthrie:

George Jones - The Race Is On
    Matraca Berg - Silver and Glass [The Dreaming Fields]
    Mark Brown - Bucket Truck [Uncle Buckle]
    Dave Dudley - Truck Drivin' Son of A Gun [VINYL - Truck Drivin' Son of A Gun]
    Handsome Family - June Bugs [Honey Moon]
    Bethany Larson and the Bee's Knees - Still [When We Reach the City]
    Pop Wagner, Tony Glover and Charlie Maguire - Take A Whiff On Me [Woody Reflected]
    Woody Guthrie - Do-Re-Mi
    Billy Bragg and Wilco - California Stars [Mermaid Avenue]
    Tedeschi Trucks Band - Simple Things [Revelator]
    Charlie Parr - Where You Gonna Be (When the Good Lord Call You Down) [Live Current Volume 1]
    Greg Allman - Floating Bridge [Low Country Blues]
    John Hiatt - Damn This Town [Dirty Jeans and Mudslide Hymns]
    Drive-By Truckers - Aftermath USA [A Blessing and A Curse]
    Jim Reeves - I Guess I'm Crazy
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Now showing:

Robben Ford Trio - The Paris Concert

Led Zeppelin - Celebration Day
    So good, even the haters might like it!