Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The Now Playing Thread - Page 103
Page 103 of 120 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,939 to 1,957 of 2279

Thread: The Now Playing Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Kurt Rosenwinkel - East Coast Love Affair
    Some fine jazz guitar and supporting band going on here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

New to me:
    Bruce Springsteen - Tunnel Of Love

Donald Fagen - The Nightfly Trilogy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Kurt Rosenwinkel - East Coast Love Affair
    Some fine jazz guitar and supporting band going on here.
    I'll have to check this out. I have a few of Avishai Cohen's albums and like them a lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Greg Howe, Victor Wooten, Dennis Chambers - Extraction

Post Thanks / Like

In honor of tomorrow . . .

Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post

Post Thanks / Like

I just happen to have a picture of me and Jason together. He's not doing too well in this shot. I just got done helping him clean his wounds from a nasty fall.

Quote Originally Posted by R_of

_G;231128

This is at least as good as I hoped it would be, if not much much better. I've only had it a day so far.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    I just happen to have a picture of me and Jason together. He's not doing too well in this shot. I just got done helping him clean his wounds from a nasty fall.

Nice pic Spud.

NP:

Thanks to Stephen Colbert for having Costello, Ribot, and Tweedy in the same week. Now that's a Christmas miracle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Diane Birch - Bible Belt
    Blue eyed soul singer/song writer with a great voice, but sometimes lacking the authenticity that makes R&B/soul so good to listen to.

Royal Thunder - CVI

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Into the Great Wide Open

Shelby Lynne - Suit Yourself

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Rain Dogs which exists in a perpetual tie with Miles' In a Silent Way at the top of my all time list. It's too difficult to choose between them because both mean so much to me for completely different reasons.

But, if the question was favorite rock/pop album of all time it'd be Rain Dogs by a ridiculously wide margin. It was the album that introduced me not only to Waits but to Ribot. Quantifying that influence is an impossibility.
    Behind the lyrics: Tom Waits, “Time”
    http://www.americansongwriter.com/20...om-waits-time/

Post Thanks / Like

Marc Ribot's Really the Blues
    Live 09/15/11 @ Iridium Jazz, NYC

From marcribot.com

This band isn't a tribute to anything, except the form itself, black America's ' birth of tragedy', a rhythmic platform on which one can hear a human being, armed only with a Fender Jaguar guitar, contest their fate.

The starting points are mid 50's Chicago, and a certain kind of soul jazz one could hear on late night radio if one happened to live near Newark, New Jersey in the late 60's. The endpoint isn't fixed, the capacity for misreading infinite.

Post Thanks / Like

Jim O'Rourke
    Bad Timing
    1997, Drag City

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Avett Brothers - I and Love and You

Bob Mould - Black Sheets of Rain

Bob Mould - District Line

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness (deluxe edition)

The Cult - Live at The Royal Albert Hall 1984
    (bootleg)

Plus a few from the distant past...
    Boston - Boston

Nirvana - Unplugged In New York

Ozzy Osbourne - No Rest For The Wicked

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oddly enough, I've never owned this until now.
    The Who - Tommy

Post Thanks / Like

I'm your wicked uncle Ernie - I know you can't see or hear me as I fiddle about - fiddle about - fiddle about

He he

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Oddly enough, I've never owned this until now.
    The Who - Tommy

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Neil Young - Freedom

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Let Me Up (I've Had Enough)