Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The Now Playing Thread - Page 12
Page 12 of 120 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Now Playing Thread

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Modest Mouse: Never heard of them, so youtubed them - I like em.

What little I heard I sense a Talking Heads and Smashing Pumpkins sort of thing in a couple of their cuts - and I like both groups.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

REel big fish she has a girlfriend now,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBNy3l3Me5o
    "the emperor is rich, but he cannot buy another year"
    -anonymous chinese person

"the thief is sorry for being hung, not for being a thief"
    -anonymous

"We are not nationalities, we are not races, we are not political parties, we are not social classes, we are not cultures, we are not subcultures, and we are not churches, but when all things are said and done, the guns are shot, the riots have died down, one thing is true, and that should preceed all other things, we are, without division: HUMAN BEINGS, is that not good enough an excuse stop shooting people, and letting others starve to death?" -Pie_man_25

Post Thanks / Like

Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

one of my favorite albums ever recorded.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

"the emperor is rich, but he cannot buy another year"
    -anonymous chinese person

"the thief is sorry for being hung, not for being a thief"
    -anonymous

"We are not nationalities, we are not races, we are not political parties, we are not social classes, we are not cultures, we are not subcultures, and we are not churches, but when all things are said and done, the guns are shot, the riots have died down, one thing is true, and that should preceed all other things, we are, without division: HUMAN BEINGS, is that not good enough an excuse stop shooting people, and letting others starve to death?" -Pie_man_25

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent choice, one of my favorites as well. :

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G

one of my favorite albums ever recorded.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tunghaichuan
    Excellent choice, one of my favorites as well. :
    it was a fitting farewell to one of the most unique guitar players of all time. it's straight enough jazz to appeal to those who might not be into some of sonny's more outside work, but still outside enough to appeal to fans of sonny and pharoah, both of whom do some of their finest playing on it.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

radiohead
    live in berlin
    july 4, 2000

one of the best shows of the 2000 tour and excellent sound quality on this boot, to boot!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to Tig for mentioning this band in another thread. : :

Just got this album today, and it completely kicks a$$.

I don't know if it will knock Sacrifist out of first place for my pick for heaviest album, but it is certainly up there. :

tung

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

this is the thermals' masterpiece.

i love their previous two albums, and i love the most recent, but this one, this one is stellar from top to bottom and gets better every time i listen to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

pes_laul Guest

Been digging on foo fighters acoustic version of everlong

Post Thanks / Like

john zorn
    O'o
    2009, tzadik records

this is the latest offering from zorn's "dreamers" band, responsible for the gift (2001) and the dreamers (2008). the dreamers are an all-star band if ever there was one, comprised of some of the greatest players in new york's "downtown" scene. these albums are easily among zorn's most accessible work. further review coming.

the band:

marc ribot: guitar
    joey baron: drums
    kenny wolleson: vibraphone
    cyro baptista: percussion
    trevor dunn: bass
    jamie saft: piano/organ

Post Thanks / Like

I felt like a little Sonny Landreth this evening:

tung

Post Thanks / Like

"Slackjaw Jezebel" is one of my favorite songs.

Post Thanks / Like