Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The Now Playing Thread - Page 51
Page 51 of 120 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Now Playing Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    That's an easy one to get lost in. Brilliant!
    Yep, a true classic!
    Check out There's a Riot Goin' On as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Diggin' a little Jimmie Vaughan this evening.
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

"I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Mindi Abair......hot saxophone player!!!!!!! ..................track:Le'Espirit Nouveau

http://mindiabair.com
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Many thanks to Tung for the link to the free stream for Mr. Earle's new album.

Second time through on this one today. I particularly like "Meet Me In the Alleyway." The arrnagement has a very Tom Waits feel to it.

Will definitely be purchasing this one.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

The band has been gone for a long time now, but I still love Badlands. The intro is beautiful, and I completely dig the 70s stomp of "Winter's Call".
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post

Many thanks to Tung for the link to the free stream for Mr. Earle's new album.

Second time through on this one today. I particularly like "Meet Me In the Alleyway." The arrnagement has a very Tom Waits feel to it.

Will definitely be purchasing this one.
    Me too, I can't wait till this one is out.
    I was just a regular guy. My only super power was being invisible to girls.
    - Dave Lizewski, Kick-A$$

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Blackfield - Welcome to My DNA

Post Thanks / Like

Seemed appropriate.

Post Thanks / Like

Seemed appropriate.
    I see your Tom Waits and raise you Robert Fripp:

This was originally on Guitar Player Magazine's Sound Page, a plastic record that they used to include with each issue for a time back in the 80s. Now it is available on Fripp's "Love Cannot Bear" CD.

Seemed appropriate.

Post Thanks / Like

^^

A) Nicely done. A beautiful piece from Mr. Fripp.

B) Check and raise.

ps. Was going with a Ry Cooder version of that song either way, but this particular one seemed an obvious choice.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in on this one too, but nothing on it yet has hit me the same way as the second Blackfield album. More listening ahead. FWIW - The Blackfield Live in NYC DVD is a good capture of the second album. It's fun to watch them pull it off live and the drummer is great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Blackfield - Welcome to My DNA

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

About Group
    Start and Complete
    2011, Domino

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

In the mood for something different...
    Blondie - Picture This Live (Philadelphia 1978 / Dallas 1980)

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

He plays both kinds of music on that album: Country and Western.

PS, got the new Steve Earle on order from Amazon, along with new Azam Ali and Amon
    Amarth.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tunghaichuan View Post
    He plays both kinds of music on that album: Country and Western.
    Careful with that joke, it's an antique. :P

I could listen to Ray's version of "Blue Moon of Kentucky" from that album all day.

Page 51 of 120 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast