Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The Now Playing Thread - Page 70
Page 70 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 1,312 to 1,330 of 2279

Thread: The Now Playing Thread

Post Thanks / Like

"I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Bad Religion - 30 Years Live

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    It's got a lot of different textures compared to his other albums. There are real orchestra instruments for one thing. It's heavy in it's own way. Brilliant songwriting of course. It's not an instant "wow" album for me. The more I listen to - it that's when I start going "wow!" Some of it catches me off guard and I'll say to myself, hey, that's really good."
    ^ After 3 listens, I agree. Very powerful passages at times with plenty of texture and style variety. Good stuff indeed!

Post Thanks / Like

"I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Incidentally, Kasey and the Honkies will be on KEXP live this evening at 6pm Pacific time. You can find a live stream at the KEXP website.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Patty Griffin - 1000 Kisses

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Patty Griffin - Living With Ghosts
    I just discovered Patty Griffin. This is an excellent acoustic Americana album.

Other new to me albums in rotation tonight for work:
    Emmylou Harris - Hard Bargain

Patty Griffin - Downtown Church

Gillian Welch - The Harrow And The Harvest

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Very sad to read the news that Paul Motian, one of the world's greatest jazz drummers, passed away today. I became familiar with Motian from his work with Bill Evans and later with Bill Frisell.

This news pretty much solidifies my playlist for the rest of today.

NP:

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Because somebody had to, and because I've always loved the guitar tones in this one...

Post Thanks / Like

Never would have believed Zorn would put out a Christmas album to begin with, but when he announced he was, I was glad he picked this band to do it. The Dreamers are essentially the John Zorn All Stars. Getting Mike Patton to do the vocals on this one finishes it off perfectly. I'm not particularly a fan of Christmas music but even I think this is awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

This is the KEXP session I mentioned upthread a week ago. Kasey made it available to download for a very reasonable price.

Theee tracks from Heart of a Dog (Mercy, Exit Ghost, Sirens & Thunder) as well as a cover of Delbert McClinton's "Two More Bottles of Wine." I've always loved Emmylou Harris' version but the Honkies rocked the living daylights out of it.

You can find it here. http://kaseyanderson.bandcamp.com/album/live-at-kexp

Post Thanks / Like

Behold the power of a Stax cover...

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Most people know Harrison co-wrote this one with Ringo. This is George's demo version. Seems to me he could have a bigger hit with it than Ringo did if he wanted to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This came in the mail today...
    Arguably the most talented, versatile guitar player in Nashville:
    Johnny Hiland - All Fired Up

He happens to be legally blind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    This is the KEXP session I mentioned upthread a week ago. Kasey made it available to download for a very reasonable price.

Theee tracks from Heart of a Dog (Mercy, Exit Ghost, Sirens & Thunder) as well as a cover of Delbert McClinton's "Two More Bottles of Wine." I've always loved Emmylou Harris' version but the Honkies rocked the living daylights out of it.

You can find it here. http://kaseyanderson.bandcamp.com/album/live-at-kexp

you turned me on to this guy several months back, and damn if it hasn't been in regular rotation since.

Check out his Daytrotter session also.

I cover "you don't look" back with my buds from time to time.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Page 70 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast